Contracting... Going to kill DH

So what was the pain u were feeling? Is it common in third tri to feel like ur having contractions and ur really not? That's scary

Can u have contractions if u water didn't break yet?

Sorry for dumb questions

I'm trying not to be depressed about it but it's so hard we finally told our 5 year that if the baby doesn't come this week I'll probably be in the hospital on Christmas he was so disappointed I'm felt like I let him down. Trying not to cry in front of him was very hard. Christmas is our favorite time of the year.

I'm trying not to be depressed about it but it's so hard we finally told our 5 year that if the baby doesn't come this week I'll probably be in the hospital on Christmas he was so disappointed I'm felt like I let him down. Trying not to cry in front of him was very hard. Christmas is our favorite time of the year.

celebrate it before the actual day and have a big shindig

So what was the pain u were feeling? Is it common in third tri to feel like ur having contractions and ur really not? That's scary

Sorry for dumb questions

Not dumb! I'm still learning about labor and I've been obsessively researching for years! I labor differently than most, so let me put that out there first! My pattern is to start with irregular contractions around 30-32 weeks and start dilating around 35 weeks (my last cervical check showed I was at 5cm). I move about a cm/week until delivery, having loads of false labor bouts that slowly dilate. My water has yet to break with this baby, and was artificially ruptured in the hospital when I stalled at 8 cm with DS. And from what I've heard, most women seem to start and stop contractions towards the end, though they don't often get consistent until it's baby time!

Sashadoll - I didn't think about that!! DS is only two, so I doubt he'll care if Christmas is a huge deal or not, but for my sake, I'd rather be home and fairly healed to enjoy the day with him. When are you due? Will you induce if you go too much farther?

That's what I'm going to do. Just allow him to open them up early. I'm due Saturday and I really want to go medical intervention free so no. My mom actually pushed me out of bed and we went walking for 45m.

We're intervention-free too! Or having what I like to call a home hospital birth. :)

Yep still pregnant lol contractions were on and off all day yesterday. Today nothing. I'm just going to enjoy my little guy. He has an award assembly tomorrow. I'm so proud and I am glad I'm not in labor yet so I can attend. How are you feeling?

Sorry for dumb questions

It probably was contractions. They can come and go, especially towards the end. The infamous "false labor" it's just the body getting ready for the real thing.

Yes, you can have contractions before your water breaks. In fact, I would say most women probably start having contractions before their water breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->