Contractions, period pain, uti.

lilliesmummie

Reaction score
Hiya everyone. I'm 32 weeks and I've had the most painful contractions tonight. They were every 2 and a half minutes so I called labour ward and try called me in. As soon as I got there, they stopped. They said I have a UTI which was causing the contractions. They sent me home. Now I'm home, I'm not having contractions but I'm in agony. Like stabbing pains in my tummy. Is this normal? I've never had a UTI before so I have no idea. X

Are they stabbing pains that come and go every few seconds or minutes? I had that in my 3rd trimester and the doctor told me I was having those because I was dehydrated. I ended up going to L&D where they gave me a drip to stop what they said were mild contractions.

I've never heard of stomach pain from a UTI, I've only heard of stomach pain if the infection moves to your kidneys.

yes there very normal that is why they say if you have a uti while pregnant get it treated right away...
did you get meds for it....if not I would get your doc and get meds to treat it right away...and get some tylenol.... also drink lots and lots of water lay down put feet up and try and relax...if your not diabetic try some cranberry juice for the pain..

feel better hun

They're stabbing cramps every few minutes and last s few seconds but make my toes curl :( so painful. I haven't had any medication as wont see my midwife until Tuesday now and the hospital never said anything. I think it was spotted in my wee at 28 weeks... But now the pains unreal? Xx

well it can make you go into labor or preterm if you not in time for labor..
so if its truley a uti you need meds....
i would go to the er....because a uti in pregnancy can become dangerous if not treated...

please go hun

Would it hurt to go to sleep and see how I am in the morning? Just only my OH can take me, which means waking LO up to take her somewhere else? Xx

Would it hurt to go to sleep and see how I am in the morning? Just only my OH can take me, which means waking LO up to take her somewhere else? Xx

the way it sounds you could be in trouble and you really dont want to get to the point of no return if it is contractions....im only worried about that :( or i wouldnt put it up...

i know it sounds like a pain in the but but once it gets to a point and im sure you would want to make sure its all ok...

a uti in pregnancy is something you do not want to play with expecially with what you are describing...

please feel better and keep us informed :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->