Contrary scales- is the highest weight the most accurate?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I have scales that when moved about on the floor, even on solid stone kitchen floor, they change by a few pounds. I've always gone with the highest weight being the most accurate, but is this correct? Wishful thinking really, but it'd be nice if I could go with the lower weight :blush:

I'm not sure but I always go with the lowest haha! That being said I was weighed on the doctors scales the other day and when I used my ones at home mine said I was 5kgs heavier in certain places in the house! x

Wow that's reassuring! I don't dare get weighed at the doctors or anywhere with a fancy scale in case I'm suddenly half a stone fatter or something! I'm lighter on MIL's scales but I put that down to their entire house, including the bathroom, being carpeted.

dunno about that, but i'd think i'd go with the weight i was a few hours after i've eaten, because i'm 2lb lighter for a few hours of the day, before i've eaten breakfast or waiting for dinner and i think it can be confusing or give false hope/make ppl feel they've gained when they haven't iyswim?

Isn't the medical advice to weight yourself first thing in the morning after having a wee?

Isn't the medical advice to weight yourself first thing in the morning after having a wee?

That's what i was led to believe, though I don't have scales in the house at all these days due to previous obsessions :flow:

Weighing yourself on hard, even surface is most accurate.

I find in the morning after doing my business is the best time. You can lose anything up to 2lb after a #2!

As for what kind of surface I don't know. I've always weighed myself in the bathroom which has a solid tile floor. Then again I hate my scales I think they lie to me.

i always weigh myself first thing in the morning after doing any toilet duties i need to do and i weigh butt nekked as well.
oh and i make sure the scales are on a hard even floor so that they are flat on the ground because even the slightest wobble in the scales when not standing on them (uneven surface) can cause you to gain or loose 3-5lbs apparently.
I know the precise location on my wooden bedroom floor that is perfectly even :haha:

Okay, I think I am gonna go weigh myself on the solid stone front steps and hope for the best!

I love you guys! Solid stone steps say 117 :happydance: Before I was going on the highest possible reading I could get, which is 2-3lbs more. I'm so chuffed! Thank you xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->