control crying at bed time

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
i feel like going around in circles.
i was given advice of: if baby wakes up leave her she will go back to sleep on her own.
well i tried it it didnt work, amber probably cried 4 an hour, she did settle 3 times for about 10mins max then started again.
i really wanna be able to put her in her cot so go to sleep herself.

help pleasee x

im in the same boat as you right now hun normally he settles on his own but lately hes been waking up and just cryin etc x

We've gone through this with Kaya, I don't do controlled crying but I do leave her for a few minutes to see if she'll settle. She's at that age now where she's realising that you and her are separate and that you can go away and leave her, this can be quite scary. The way I do it is that if Kaya doesn't settle quickly, I go in and tell her that it's bed time and lie her back down, kiss her goodnight and leave the room. I keep doing this everytime she sits up or gets up until she goes back to sleep. If it's the middle of the night it never takes any more than 5 or 6 times, it's a lot harder closer to getting up time - sometimes I just get her up early and take her down for breakfast.

Alexa won't go to sleep from crying, she justs works herself up to get more overtired, and sweaty... I usually go in and rub her head or pat her belly until she goes to sleep... I don't believe in crying it out, even told my doctor that and he said don't do what you are not comfortable with... I am trying the no-cry-sleep-solution...

We've gone through this with Kaya, I don't do controlled crying but I do leave her for a few minutes to see if she'll settle. She's at that age now where she's realising that you and her are separate and that you can go away and leave her, this can be quite scary. The way I do it is that if Kaya doesn't settle quickly, I go in and tell her that it's bed time and lie her back down, kiss her goodnight and leave the room. I keep doing this everytime she sits up or gets up until she goes back to sleep. If it's the middle of the night it never takes any more than 5 or 6 times, it's a lot harder closer to getting up time - sometimes I just get her up early and take her down for breakfast.

Hey this is excactly what i do and some nights it can take upto 2 hours and others i dont even have to bother he just goes to sleep x

Tbh, I would always give up after an hour or so and feed her or get her up for a snack and then try again.

i have tried this, but omg she isnt happy she really screams her lungs out every time i try.

she slept through from half 7 till 6 on saturday night first time ever, i didnt do anything different. last night she didnt sleep through got a cold seemed to be playing up 4 her

wen i put her to bed first time shes fine but the odd time she does cry andi cant leave her to cry as she will wake my other child up lol and it will be hard for two screamin kids xx

When we first started I had to put Kaya down 39 times before she stayed in bed lol. If Kaya's getting het up I either pick her up for a cuddle or I rub her back or stroke her face. It seems to calm her down. Other times I'll lie down with her or take her into our bed (I won't do this before 4am) and sometimes I'll feed her. It's just about trying to find what works for you and her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->