Controlled Crying Poll

We did cc less than a month ago. It was something I NEVER wanted to do - but it has been the best thing I have done to date w/ Megan. Honestly! SHe is sleeping soooo much better. Goes down w/out any struggle - zero crying - no struggle, no more rocking & sleeping through most nights.

She had been getting worse w/ sleeping. Waking constantly & not going back to sleep w/out me rocking her forever & one night I just couldnt do it anymore. At midnight one night I just put her in her crib (she had woken after being asleep earlier- and then refused to go back to sleep) told her mommy loves you - night-night. And left the room. I went in at 5minutes, then 7minutes, etc. Total crying before she fell asleep was around 25minutes. It was the hardest thing ever to listen to her cry! She slept for 10minutes and woke up crying. We did the cc again - but that time I only had to go in 1ce. She then slept for the rest of the night!

Did cc for naps & bedtimes - by the 2nd nap there was no crying at all at nap. By the 3rd day there was 30 seconds of crying when I left the room at bedtime and then she slept for an hour and woke crying hard. We did the cc at that point - and she was asleep in about 10minutes & then slept through the night. She still is waking at 1 hr sometimes - but usually quites down within a minute & goes back to sleep w/out us going in.

It was soooo much easier than I thought it was going to be. Once I had the guts to do it & stick w/ it Im glad I did it. It is going so well. Megan wakes up in a better mood & ready for her day - before she wasnt sleeping well enough. Megan sleeps soooo much better now! On the few occasions that she wakes crying in the night - most of the time she will quiet quickly and go back to sleep. Last night she woke - but wasnt crying - she talked to herself for quite a while til I went in and gave her a pacifier - covered her up w/ her blanket & she fell asleep. Im not having to pick her up - and no rocking.

The schedule we tried to follow for cc was in the Ferber book - we did similar

Day 1 3minutes, 5min, 10, 10, 10 etc
Day 2 5minutes, 10, 12, 12, 12,12
Day 3 10min, 12, 15,15
Day 4 12min, 15, 17, etc

We did same bedtime routine as always. We found she queited faster & cried less if daddy went in the room vs. mommy. She always cried harder right when we left the room - but then would quiet down quickly after that.

Huge progress & barely any crying w/in 2-3 days. Within 4-5 days pretty much zero crying.

Thanks this is really useful and will help alot of people :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->