Controlled Crying Support Thread

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Since so many of us do controlled crying i thought i would start a proper thread about it.

we have been doing it with Ffion since 9 weeks. she got so used to being put down that she went off to sleep quite nicely until about a week ago. shes been teething pretty bad and crying quite a lot.

im just trying to keep strong because if i start picking her up now then thats 4 months of work chucked out the window!

If shes in pain she'll want a little cuddle thats comfort rather than own way? I only think of it from what I'm like which is I'm a softy when poorly in pain I like cuddles and company :blush:

I don't disagree with a certain amount of controlled crying and I thought I'd use it ...just can't :blush:

Curious how long does she cry for before dropping off or how long will you leave her until picking her up?

I don't see any point in it until the child is much older. We occasionally used it with dd but only when she was 2 years old.

But thats just my opinion.

i leave her for 3 sessions of 7 minutes before i pick her up.

i put her down, dummy in, cot mobile on, then i walk out and shut the door
when the music stops (around 6-7mins) i go back in if she is crying and repeat the first steps
i do this for 3 sessions of music.. then i pick her up.

usually she drops off to sleep and doesnt cry at all (because shes used to it) but this week shes just been crying. she doesnt actually like cuddles... she gets really wound up.. ah well

ps

i sent you a text before!!!!

I did it and it worked for us. It was very difficult the first 3 days, but now she just drops off. If she's in pain or ill though we throw all of it out the window and cuddle her to sleep (such as last night as she has a cold and is teething). She's still the same happy baby now as she was before we did CIO so it hasn't affected her in a negative way.

We started it at 4 months though. I would have waited longer, but we weren't getting any sleep as she was waking every 20 minutes. We also still haven't done it throughout the night. I'm too much of a softie and cuddle/feed her back to sleep when she wakes. I don't know when we'll let her do that. I think in the new year.

i leave her for 3 sessions of 7 minutes before i pick her up.

i put her down, dummy in, cot mobile on, then i walk out and shut the door
when the music stops (around 6-7mins) i go back in if she is crying and repeat the first steps
i do this for 3 sessions of music.. then i pick her up.

usually she drops off to sleep and doesnt cry at all (because shes used to it) but this week shes just been crying. she doesnt actually like cuddles... she gets really wound up.. ah well

ps

i sent you a text before!!!!

Wuld it maybe be teeth thats bothering her?

I use it to :)

Succesful both times , started around 5 weeks old , but that was only little bits to test it out , really startd doing it propely the same time as you.

Ella has had some time where it has been messed up due to teething , so it will be that hun , but when there through and not hurting she should go back to her routine.
Ella did anyway :hugs:

In that case, fingers crossed it will soon pass. Teething is a blooming nightmare, isn't it!!!!

i used it with ali (and hated it) but i must admit it worked as he sleeps himself in his cot all night. i just put him to bed when he is rubbing his eyes, pop the cot mobile on and off he goes. i didn't really like the controlled crying way but it does work. i agree that the first 3 days are the worst but it does get better.....it is heartbreaking though hearing them cry

I only had to do it once when Jasmine decided she didnt want to sleep in her crib, I went in every few mins and rubbed her tummy and talked to her, and then left. It took about an hour but she callmed down and went to sleep.

That is the one and only time she has given me issues going to sleep. Usually I can lay her down awake and she will go right to sleep.

Ive tried it with max but I really dont need to lol he plays rather then cries in his cot so I let him be till hes off to sleep ..

except the last 6 days of hell hes got bronchitis and so do I :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->