Convert Me!

Elski

Reaction score
Ok ladies, I've been toying with the idea of reusables since mid-pregnancy, I'm now 6wks postnatal and it's crunch time. Do I? Don't I?

It's all so confusing - there seem to be soooo many cloth nappies out there that get great reviews that I just don't know where to start and now I've got a bouncing bubba, I've got limited time to do research. So come on, give me a hand if you've got the time, convert me!

Thanks in advance :flower:

DO DO DO!!! It's soooo much fun - there are so many gorgeous nappies out there to try and there's nothing cuter than a fluffy bottom! And anything that makes stinky nappies seem fun is a big winner in my book. Think of all the pretty colours...

Err I mean you would save tonnes of money, you'd be reducing the amount of rubbish you send to landfill, your LO would probably not get anywhere near as much nappy rash, cloth smells much nicer than disposables etc. Those are the sensible reasons... but have a look at the Cloth Bum Pics thread for my favourite reason!

You could buy all one type of nappy (which is what I intended to do when I started) but there's nothing wrong with getting loads of different types. It costs a little bit more but you can just buy one here and there until you have a full stash. There's nothing to stop you mixing cloth and disposables until then.

Definately give it a go, it's sooo easy, better for you bubbas skin, cheaper, far prettier and most of all sooo much better for the environment.

Have a look see if your council offer any packs or payback schemes if your in the UK, some councils offer trial packs so would be a good place to start.

I'd get a few different ones to start with and take it from they, as your LO is 6 weeks your past the awkward tiny stage, so could go straight into onesize nappies, far better for your pocket, personally I really like bumgenius pockets as a simple starter, but I know alot of the ladies on here seem to like the bumgenius flip so maybe look into those, also they are offering a free little lamb nappy and wrap with this/next months mother and baby mag so that would be worth giving a try too.

Good luck it's soo much fun!

go on u know you want too :laugh2: !!!

The best thing to do is try a few different ones out and figure out whats best for you. Personally, i found it easier once i saw a nappy aswell to figure out a) what everyone else was on about and b) what i actually wanted.

Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks ladies! I've looked in the pics forum, awwwww, all those little chubby bums! Where do I start though? There are so, so many. Would I be best off getting a few different kinds from the swap and sell forum here and seeing which suits her best and then going for a bulk load?

Thanks so much for all your convincing :)

well i always think there are a few questions to ask yourself;

1) drying times - i find this improtant as i don't have a dryer and therefore can only air dry. Some materials take forever to dry (bamboo) and others are quite fast (microfibre). Plus that can effect the nappy you go for. If you don't have drying sytem you might want to avoid AIO and go for something like pocket nappies or prefolds, something you can take apart easily to dry.

2) how much does your baby wee? If they're a heavy wetter, bamboo is possibly one of the most absrobant materials and this could be a good option.

3) your babies genral size and weight. Skinny babies may look daft with chunky nappies and trimmer fits may be required for example.

Certainly the cheapest way is to buy second hand and try nappies out but it depends how you feel about second hand nappies. :flower:

have a look on clothnappytree.com they have a classified section where you can get preloveds for a bargain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->