Cooking with wine?

P

petal040

This is probably a stupid question - but I know nothing about the science of cooking...

Would it be safe for LO to eat something that was cooked with wine in it (for example, a risotto...)? I've heard that all the alcohol goes away when you cook wine but I don't know if that is true or now - and I don't know if it's safe/healthy even if the alcohol is gone??? I wouldn't be giving it until she was older than 6 months.

Also - anyone using vitamin drops? (still confused about that one) :blush:

im nott 100% about giving it to a baby but im sure when u cook with wine the alcohol goes and its just the flavours

Absolutely fine. The alcohol content goes when its boiling :)

The other ladies have said it, but like with any food or drink, read the labels on wine, some have chemicals in you might not want LO to have. I haven't given Ruby anything with wine in yet but I will do. I'll use organic wine.

We don't use vitamin drops but I think they are sometimes advised for BF'd babies or FF babies once they're having less than 500ml of formula a day. I'd ask your HV or Dr.

Thanks - I'll have a look for some organic too I think... the Dr prescribed the vitamin drops for us but was very very vague about when to start using them - also the box and leaflet don't say either! When I asked when to start he said she would become ill from malnourishment!! Obviously I wouldn't want to wait for that to happen... maybe I should just start them now... I'm worried about doing her harm... are they safe (they have retinol in them?)... Or maybe I should wait until she is bf less?

Actually not 100% of the alcohol is burned off in cooking, only a portion. They say it's safe still but I won't do it. But I'm also really, ummm strongly opinionated I guess on alcohol, we don't allow it in our house, even for cooking and then I won't let the boys have things from other places that have it in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->