cooling purees

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i have just made my first batch of carrot puree, it is sat on my side now in the ice cube trays, but i am very confused about storing it, i have read that i need to cool the foods before i freeze them, how do i do that? can i just put it in the fridge or do i just leave it on the side? surely leaving it on the side will make it go bad?

thanks

x

I leave it on the side until it cools hun, as long as it goes straight in the freezer as soon as its cool enough it should be fine x

ok thanks hun, how long do u usually leave it on the side for till its cool enough?

x

really depends on how big the pots are hun...about 30 - 45 mins? x

I leave it on the side too for about half an hour x

thanks hun :D

my carrot puree is safely tucked up in the freezer now! am so proud of myself making my own baby food :happydance:

x

:yipee: well done honey, it's a pain in the backside sometimes making all hte food up but I always think my homemade food tastes much nicer than the stuff you can buy!

Well done :) I know how you feel, it's definately something to be proud of xx

yep i just leave it covered on the side for about an hour, then pop it in the freeze :D x

I put some foil over the top while it is cooling... it does make you feel good when you do the purees....:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->