Coping with a toddler when I have Chronic fatigue

Delamere19

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 16 month old son who like any toddler is always tearing round the place!! I suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and since the new year I really really am struggling with extreme exhaustion. I work 2 days and the rest of the time I am at home with Sam. I am finding really hard to cope at the moment!! I am lucky because my dad has taken him for a few hours today. Even getting out of bed is a real battle.

Does anyone else suffer with this? It's really getting me down and I feel really emotional.

Cath x

I can't imagine what you are going through. I know how exhausted I can be and I don't even have the conditions you do. The only advice I could offer is to ask friends and family for help - even if it's an hour or two. My sister comes over on Wednesdays (her day off work) for a couple hours to play with Mason so I can clean, nap, etc. It helps a lot.

I don't know if this is an option either, but would you be comfortable maybe doing 1 day a week daycare? I know some women that did this when they were going through postpartum depression (which I suffered from for about 6 weeks). This could give you a rest as well.

:hugs:

I have CFS so I understand how horrible it is, can't imagine dealing with it with a child to look after.

How can you do 'pacing' with a child? Have you looked for a local support group, might be helpful?

Xx

I have Cfs and fibro to. I couldn't manage to work so you do fab. My lo is 20 months and it can be hard luckily my Cfs and fibro are stable now after having a rough year after lo was born. Pm me if you ever want to chat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->