Coping with anxiety

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I thought it was gone. I didn't have any problems with it anymore and now it's back with a vengeance! Does anybody know how to deal with it? Like anyways to help make it go away or get it under control? I have no idea what to do. I am clueless as to what triggered it again. Everything in life was going so well and now it's back. Last time things were going just fine when this all started too. I hate this feeling because I can't find anything that is wrong that I can fix to make it go away. :cry:

These things happen and often for no reason.
I suffer from BPD and also a few other related issue (including a severe anxiety disorder) so I feel for you sweetheart.

As always people will tell you ways that work for them, but they won't always work for you, and this is an age old fact of life. I'll share my coping strategies in the hope that perhaps they will help you.

I enjoy writing, always have from a very young age. Writing is a way to release thoughts and feelings without repercussions. I'm not saying a diary or anything, but sometimes just sitting down and writing/typing out everything that is on your mind helps. I used to find that if I typed out all of my problems and fears, anxieties etc and then deleted the whole lot it made me feel better, as if I was deleting them from my life.

Get busy! Nothing is worse with anxiety then not doing anything, it causes your brain to wander and that wandering makes things worse! Get a hobby or find something to be doing. I tried sport, scrapbooking, housework, writing, painting etc all helped because my mind didn't have time to wander from the task at hand.

Lastly, find someone to talk to, whether it is here on BnB or a councilor or a stranger in the street, find someone who is willing to listen and not judge. It really does helps when someone just takes the time to hear your problems.

I hope these help, as I said somethings work for some people. My inbox is always open if you wish to have a chat, goodluck sweety :hugs:

Thanks.I saw you on another thread about BPD and I am wondering if maybe that may be part of my problem. We never got everything 100% sorted out at the doctor because I started to do better so he focused mainly on my anxiety and treating it as just that, he even dropped the depression diagnosis he had originally given me. He was rather stumped on my diagnosis from the start. I also have an inhaler for asthma too. I just feel like such a mess lately. I can't be left alone either. I get so anxious and paranoid. For example DF has class early in the morning at like 730 and I work at 1030 so I will wake up at 6am pack my stuff and head to my granparents house just so I am not stuck here alone. I had a total meltdown/freak out last week where I ran out of the house in my pjs screaming and crying and left and would not come back so DF turned around and came home and helped me get my stuff together so I could go. That hasn't happened to me in months. That's why I think I am relapsing. Tonight I can't sleep again, I'm afraid of being alone tomorrow and will be leaving before the suns up when I have to be at work. I feel like a mad woman. It's rather embarrassing :blush:

Hey, we are all mad at some point in our lives! I went into the kitchen the other night to have a coffee and we were out of milk, so I calmly placed my mug on the sink, walked to the lounge room and punched my wedding dress clean off it's hanger and then started laughing. And you think your mad! :haha:

Being along does not help, OH is going to the next town over for work as of tomorrow, it's the town I'm give birth in so that is good, but inbetween that I will be on my own and i didn't cope well the last time he went away for work.

We all get mad sometimes, i wonder often if it is just part of being a women and the doctors should just diagnose us with 'She has the womens disorder' and then we would all be alright!

Yeah probably. My older sister is bipolar and my mom said she has gone through everything I am going through she was just a few yrs older than me. She can remember not even being able to go to the commecary (sp?) without my dad.

I think you just need to be really careful with self diagnosis. It often causes more damage then good.

Yeah I have no clue what's going on. Honestly I know my issues but no clue what it all is and neither does my doctor lol

woww... DF just woke up and bitched me ou and said I need to get my ass off here cuz he's not coming home from class tomorrow. Wtf? I already have my bag packed to leave in the morning.

Wow that's nasty! Are things alright between you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->