Coping with fatigue, MS, & insomnia as a SAHM w/ a 2 year old...advice?

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
haaay. So I'm really really struggling lately. I'm horribly nauseated almost constantly and it's getting worse, just threw up doing the dishes :dohh: I also have no appetite, but then I have to deal with hunger pains,which makes the MS even worse. I've barely been eating...lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I've been taking my prenatals with saltines but I still feel awful about not getting enough nutrients to the baby.

I'm also really struggling with not being able to sleep. I have a sleep disorder that already makes it hard but now it's even worse. I've stayed up the entire night like at least half of the nights this week. And of course that makes taking care of a 2 year old just awful. Nausea plus no sleep is not good.

And even if I do get sleep, I am horribly fatigued alllll day. I don't wake up til night time. There have been a couple days I've honestly just holed up in the bedroom with my daughter and put on Netflix and given her some toys and just laid there miserably, napping sometimes, the whole day, only moving to feed her and change her. I'm so ashamed. I don't know how to function, and my husband just thinks I'm being lazy and dramatic.

I want desperately to wake up and be energetic and do things with my daughter and get stuff done around the house but I'm always sick and always tired. Idk what to do. And we are keeping it a secret from our families so I can't ask for help from my mom, plus she's always busy anyway.

:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Be more forgiving of yourself. First tri is a nightmare. First tri with a toddler is even worse. I've spent sooooo much of the previous weeks splayed out on the sofa while my daughter watches children's tv. Its only temporary and its important we are kind to ourselves. Our bodies are undergoing a gigantic transformation even though baby is teeny. Kick your hubby in the nads and then tell him he is being dramatic and nothing that small could cause such bad feelings :haha:

I know how you feel I have 3 my youngest is nearly 3. It's hard being nauseous and tired when you have a toddler.

I'm currently splatted out while mum is playing with ds in the garden, soon as he naps I'm napping zzz, it's hard work! I've told both mum's though because I need the help xx

Thanks guys. It sounds like I just her to give myself a break for a while. I'll try to make my husband understand but I expect he won't, he never does about this stuff but as soon as he has the sniffles he is the most pitiful creature :wacko: I just felt like such a terrible parent but y'all are right this is hard stuff.

Your so lucky indi sometimes I wish we had a little helping hand.

I am incredibly grateful, I'm 15 mins from either mum and while they are both very busy they have retired and are able to help me often and love spending time with ds.
I've had chronic fatigue since a teenager and relapsed in my last pregnancy so sometimes I can't get through a 'normal' day!

My kids have been watching a lot of tv too! It's either that or I try to do things with them then get crabby at them when they get too boisterous. Which is kind of inevitable. At least this way they like me. I feel guilty but I don't think I should. It's only temporary.

I feel you! Im so tired all the time and the nausea is all day long :( most of my days so far have been sat trying not to puke! The housework has suffered majorly, my daughter has just turned 3 but doesn't go nursery yet and i have two boys in school, the school walk is about as much as i can manage lol, i cant wait to be out of first trimester and into 2nd so i can have a bit of energy

My mother in law is in another country and I don't speak to my own mother. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->