Coping with sickness?

BroodyBoobies

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm currently 8+4 and was doing fine until I hit 8w and now the nausea has arrived but its all day :( its really put me off eating anything and doing anything besides lying in bed is really hard work!

Can anyone share how they're coping please? And any meal ideas that are healthy and easy to "stomach"

I feel pants :sick:

Thanks x

I am in the same boat as you. The sickness started at 6 weeks and today I am at 7 weeks and it's been getting worse and worse everyday. Today was the first day I actually threw up though.

The only thing I've been able to eat have been saltines and ginger ale and I just devoured a huge chocolate chip cookie with no problem, I know that isn't healthy, but it felt so good to be able to put something in my stomach and have it settle right.

When I was pregnant with my son, I just couldn't eat anything. A mixture of heartburn from the most harmless foods and nothing sounded good attributed to that. I was never actually sick with him though. It got to the point where I was losing weight and my OB told me that in the first trimester they would rather you eat anything whether it's healthy or not instead of not eating at all. So whatever you can stomach, eat as much as your heart desires. When you can start stomaching other foods, start incorporating a healthier diet.

It's not incredibly healthy but breads like yummy buttered rolls from restaurants and grilled cheese were my Go-Tos that my stomach actually tolerated. Oh, and Sprite. I had tears in my eyes from the relief I felt when I tried a Sprite. I kept a bottle of sprite by my side for a few weeks until that started turning my stomach too lol.

I found it helped to drink water throughout the day and snack all day as opposed to eating big meals. That being said I got to a point where even snacking was difficult and ended up on anti sickness tablets.

I hope it eases for you soon. MS is definitly the work of the devil!

I've always found that anything with ginger is a godsend for dealing with nausea. Used it to keep the morning sickness at bay with DS, and it worked a charm on my nausea this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->