Coping :(

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
How to cope when everyone around you is either preg or just had baby?? Don't get me wrong I'm happy for all of them. I just wish I was one of them. I know they all will make great parents. I feel like I'm old and time is running out soon TTC at 32. I know lots of women say that's still young and a good age but I feel left out. I'm very close to seeing my OBGYN to see about endometriosis removal surgery because I strongly believe I have it. I just wish TTC wasn't so hard :(
Any positive thoughts/prayers? Any advice? :(

I'm also finding it hard to cope. Having some outlets that aren't TTC related is the way to go I think. I've taken up jogging because the exercise gives me a huge endorphins boost. But something else may work for you!

It is very stressful. I actually get jealous.... when I really shouldn't be...

Hi there,

Its super stressful. I'm sorry you're feeling down.

For me, in the 10th month of trying with no success I was resigning myself to not having any children....then when I had my physical my doctor said, its completely normal for it to take a while [sometimes over a year--the science behind it is pretty incredible].

I know some people have different medical reasons that it may take a while, but others don't. Don't give up! The baby that comes your way is being loved before it's even conceived, and that a beautiful thing!

All the best

Tishy thank you for posting that! I just started my 9th month and also feel like I should resign myself to a life without kids. I feel better knowing your doc said it was normal!

It's hard. There's really no better way of putting it. I understand completely how you feel and what you're going through. For me, being an active member of this site and collecting a small circle of wonderful women who are also going through this and who understand has helped a lot. Also, I've been keeping busy with travel and working through my personal reading list. It hurts to see yet another friend announcing a pregnancy or a birth, but I have felt nothing but happiness for the women I have made friends with here as they get their BFPs and beautiful babies. I am currently on cycle 19, and sometimes it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel for me, but being here has helped me to shift my focus and see that I'm not alone. I hope you get your BFP, soon!

It's not easy but I always try to be positive and do things I know I might not be able to do if I was pregnant. It sounds weird but it works. I took up trampoline exercise which is so much fun and I go out with friends and have a couple of drinks. I eat sushi and drink wine and think "Ha! Take that preggies!"

It's tough, Darling. But you are tougher! If there's one thing I have learned, its that you certainly can't let other people's happiness destroy your hope.

Hi lovely ladies

I'm feeling exactly the same; 30, been ttc for about 17 months and everyone around us seems to get pregnant just by looking at eachother! Like you said, I'm so pleased for the people that are going to be parents, I just feel it's getting less and less likely for us. My mum had fertility issues (12 years between me and my sister) and my sister and her DH have adopted as they were unsuccessful even with IVF. Sometimes I think that because I think it's not going to happen it won't, if that makes sense.

Just going to keep trying to be relaxed and positive and keep my fingers crossed for all you ladies too ��

If I only knew, we've been ttc for 25 months (30 cycles) with one mc in June'15, last week both my sisters in law told us that they were pregnant and I literally threw up not because I wasn't happy for them but it was sort of a punch in the stomach since they both just started ttc and one of them told us in those words: finally we are expecting! :/
We are moving onto IVF in August/September but the only reason I have some sanity left is exercise I weight lift and run and my DH has been a rock but it's does hurt to see him hurting and at this point he is hurting :(
I'm sorry I'm not much help I really wish people understood better, infertility really is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Everything, that sounds awful. I haven't been trying nearly as long, but I can relate in the sense that I feel physically ill every time I hear about someone else I know getting pregnant. I come from a HUGE family where everyone seems to get pregnant very easily. 5-6 of my cousins are pregnant right now/just had babies

I just want to have my 1, and I'm terrified I won't even get that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->