Copy of medical records - fee - how much?

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Hi :flower:

Has anyone requested a copy of their own medical records through GP surgery? If so, do you mind me asking how much they charged for it... I phoned my GP today and the receptionist didn't seem to know much but has arranged for a doctor to call me tomorrow afternoon to get it sorted, she mentioned a fee but couldn't tell me how much it would be.

I know it'll probably vary a lot by area but was just interested if anyone had done this and what sort of charges there were :flow:

Thanks in advance :)

I know maternity notes are usually £10 ish. Can't see it being much more then that x

I got mine for free. I was seeing the nurse when i got my DD's jabs and she just printed them off for me.

ooooooooooo i would love my maternity notes back .........how do i go about that? anyone know? x

Thanks for the replies :)

Smelly I don't know about maternity ones but I'd try ringing your GP, I'd imagine they would know x

I'm expecting this doc to call in the next few mins :)

I went for my labour notes for DS2 from the hospital, so literally 48hrs of notes..they wanted to charge me £50 for the privilege of knowing what happened to us! So I went in and read them instead which was free and made my own notes..though they had chose what bits I could and couldnt read!
So if they want to charge you loads you can request to just read instead..

Well the doctor called - all I have to do is pick up a form to fill in and pay for the photocopying so that sounds reasonable :)

It's pissing with rain at the mo so gonna get DH to collect the form on his way in if he's back from work in time :D

Wow some places charge a small fortune :shock: That's awful.

I would love my maternity notes as when I was in to have Louie I was told that nothing in my notes for Riley's birth added up and both of there versions are very different from what we were told at the time x

Paid $25 for my x-rays and fluoroscopy images from my injury this year. Just a flat rate usually for their trouble here

I am glad it isnt going to cost you much. I think it was about £80 for my solicitor to get mine from the GP's and they really dragged their feet too.

I know lots of my friends got their maternity notes and the cost varied between about £18 and £50. I requested mine after Honey died, and because it was within six weeks of her birth it was free (that is standard I believe).

Girls who want to request them you can either go through PALS or something called corporate affairs x

Well, DH picked up the 'form' which was behind reception for me, turns out it's not a form at all it's just an information sheet which says totally different info to what the doctor said on the phone :dohh: I've got to put my request in writing to the NHS trust apparently and it could be between £10 and £50 depending on how much of it is held manually/on computer :wacko:

Letter is drafted and in an envelope ready to post tomorrow!

What exactly are medical notes is.ot everything in.your whole life thats been documented by your gp? Do you need reaspn to want it all? Id like to have a snoop.through all.mine especially when i was a early teen.

What exactly are medical notes is.ot everything in.your whole life thats been documented by your gp? Do you need reaspn to want it all? Id like to have a snoop.through all.mine especially when i was a early teen.

I need mine for applying for life insurance. The GP said I could just ask them for specific details that the company wants, but I wanna nosey and see what they have got on record from over the years! Basically it's all the stuff held - I would think it'd go right back!

xx

I'm just in the process of getting my maternity notes from my booking in appointment to the day I left hospital 9 days after I gave birth. My invoice came to 62 including postage and access fee! Its a rip off but I want them so will pay it. I had to send a letter to the hospital I gave birth in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->