cord wound? [pictures pg 2]

Bless her.....get it checked out babe.

What time have you got the Dr's????

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4pm today. There's blood in every nappy now and I'm cleaning around the wound with water and cotton wool, but it seems to be getting worse. I'm guessing it's some sort of infection but no idea why, after it's been like this for weeks, that it's got worse in the last 48 hours. She's been crying a lot yesterday and today which I figured she was going through a growth spurt, but it could be because it's bothering her.

i was told not to use cotton wool as it can lose the fibres onto the belly button...ask ur doctor for some gauze and some saline to clean it with :hugs:

x

Are you folding the top of the diaper down so it doesn't rub on it? That is my only idea...

Id get it seen too , there looks like quite alot of bood on her nappy.
I havent seen anything like this before?

Hope the appointment goes ok and they give you some anti-biotics... It definately looks infected too me even though the pic isnt that clear.

Doctor had a look at it, and said it's not infected but actually a blood vessel that hasn't closed off properly and formed a large blood blister. I just have to keep it clean and wait for it to fall off, which should happen in a week. If it gets worse I have to take her back.

Thanks for all the help & advice girls :hugs:

glad u got sorted hope it gets better soon x

aww hun that looks just like sams did :hug:
if its no better soon ad take er bk if its worrying u

Only just seen this...hope it sorts itself out soon - I assume it's not painful for her then, if it'll close up and drop off on its own? x

Hope her belly button gets better soon xxx

Have only see this. Hope it clears up soon and she is not in any discomfort with it

awww only just seen this hope it clears up soon for her x x

I've only just seen this too hun, poor sausage it does look a bit sore, really hope it heals quickly for both of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->