* 15 g caster sugar
* 25 ml water

Filling

* 175 g jam, any flavour
* 55 g butter
* 55 g caster sugar
* 25 g golden syrup
* 175 g corn flakes

(For the filling I usually just guess by eye measurements)

Directions

Pastry --.
  1. Sift flour into a bowl. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and "rub in" using thumbs and forefingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
  2. Add sugar and water and mix with a round bladed knife until the mixture sticks in lumps.
  3. Knead and roll out. Use to line a 20 -23 cm loose bottom flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
  5. Line the case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
  6. Spread the base with the jam, put it in the oven for a few minutes to soften the jam then spread across the base with a spoon.
  7. In a pan melt the butter, sugar and syrup together. Stir in the corn flakes and mix well.
  8. Spread the corn flake mix on the jam put in the oven for a further 3 minutes then turn the oven off and leave it in and allow to set.

Enjoy!! :D

Legend! This is my second favourite pudding recipe after chocolate concrete. If you fancy a bit of variety, try substituting the jam for apples like an apple crumble. yummmy!

awww my god, ive been looking all over for this recipe, i havnt had this dessert since i was at primary school lol . x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->