Corrected age until when?

Fiestagal

Reaction score
Is it only until 1 year, even with very small prems? C is only 14 lbs at 1 year, and he is going to look awful on the charts now.

They stopped correcting Findlay at 1yr old and he is even smaller.

I'm still charting Andrew based on corrected age rather than actual, I don't know what the official ruling is.

Andrew stays under the hospital's Paediatrician (who works NICU too) until he is two years old, so I will be mentally classing him as a preemie with a corrected age until she discharges him to the community health team.

The hv marked his weight today and said that it won't be corrected now. His weight has hardly budged in the last 6 weeks. He has been cutting 2 teeth but I was really hoping to see a gain today.

He has his blood taking for his chromosome testing on Monday.

Archies caught up but they still are referring to his corrected age until his two year asessment at two year corrected.

I think most doctors correct until two years old.

I'd agree with the two years. That's certainly what we were told in NNICU. All her weights are still charted corrected.

I'd get a bit hysterical if i had to go by actual right now! :)

My doctor and the consultant still use corrected age and will stop when they are 2. they also stop seeing a consultant and their journey with the hospital comes to an end in January!

I asked the hv again and she still says 1 yr as C was born after 34 weeks, yet he was only 2lb 11 1/2 oz. So his 1st weigh in after his 1st birthday and he couldn't get his weight of 6.42kg on the chart as it only starts at 6.5kg.

Luckily I do have a copy of the low birth weight chart so at least I can monitor it on there. I don't see a paed until December.

I don't understand why couldn't she get it on the chart?? Findlay is plotted on the chart and he is older and lighter than your LO.

Edited, as I've realised the chart starts at 6kg and not 6.5kg, the HV was just lazy then by not plotting his weight LOL

Our HV only correct until 1 year old. Mikayla only weighed 12lb at 1 year! She is 19 months now and still only weighs a little over 18lb!

Edited, as I've realised the chart starts at 6kg and not 6.5kg, the HV was just lazy then by not plotting his weight LOL

That's really weird as the chart in my red book (and I've got the English one as Findlay was born in England) has 4kg at the minimum number on the boys 1-4 years chart.

Trust me the charts look atrocious when you've got an almost 17 month old who weighs 13lb 3 and is only putting on about 7oz per 3 months :wacko:

P.S: Hope the chromosome tests all come back normal :hugs::hugs:

I wonder why they are so different? It definitely starts at 6kg, my daughter's does too, they are both on the FF charts even though both were/are breast fed.

Thanks for the good luck vibes. He had his blood taken on Monday, we have to wait 6 months now for the results.

Reading these made me curious so had to get out of bed and go and look at my red books.:blush:

My girls were born in Bristol and we live in Edinburgh so I have a red book from Bristol but my HV gave me one from our health trust to use. For girls 1-4 both of them start at 5kg. I don't have the boys graphs on my Scottish one but my Bristol one starts at 4kg for boys.

How weird they aren't all the same.

I wonder if I'be been given an old book? It says UK cross sectional reference data 1996/1. On some pages it says Oct 08.

Ahhh I changed my charts in my red book for the new breastfed baby ones (the new charts were being used in England when he got his red book but they didn't have the new books at the time), dread to think what F would look like on the FF charts :wacko:

It might not take the full 6 months, we were told the same but they took blood from him mid November and we got the results mid January. Thereagain we didn't get an appt to discuss the results with the geneticist until towards the end of August!

If you don't mind me asking what was it that made them decide to do chromosome tests?

He was sent to the geneticist to rule out Russell Silver syndrome which is a growth restriction condition. He was cleared of that but they wanted to do the full micro array, they feel he should have growth more and labelled him as developmentally delayed because he wasn't sitting unaided at 11 months, although he is now. He has never been ill or had any health problems so I hope they are just neong thorough.

My hv couldn't get hold of the bf charts when we needed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->