corrected age?

divadexie

Reaction score
How does it work? I have just googled it but maybe I am too tired, maybe its just not worded right but it's not making alot of sense! Lol

What does using the corrected age change as the baby gets older does it mean we have to do stuff at a different time ie weaning at actual age or corrected age or what? Soo confusing!

Hi Divadexie!

When working out the corrected age you take your babies actual age and deduct the number or weeks they were early. So for example my boys are 8 months old, but they were 9 weeks early so their corrected age is about 6 months. If Anna is 1 week old then she is really only 26 or 27 weeks gestation - confusing I know!!

When weaning you use the actual age. The corrcted age comes into play when you are looking at your little one achieving their milestones but obvioulsy all babies develop at different rates anyway so its only a guide! Hope this helps a little bit.

Yup its a bit of mothers gut instinct too! I have found so far that we have only needed to use actual age when it comes to weaning. Everything else has been corrected.

Until they are 2 they are classed as prems.
Only the docs and nurses use Chloe and Jaycee's corrected age! I weaned them normally, they went to nursery with all the kids there birth age not corrected age, they done everything at their normal age..

I dont treat them like prems. they dont walk yet like all the other kids but it spurs them on to do so so they are learning...

I know some people with preemies don't acknowledge corrected ages at all which works for them.

My expectations of Rose and her development have always been set by her corrected age. I find it fairer and less stressful :)

My expectations of Rose and her development have always been set by her corrected age. I find it fairer and less stressful :)

Same here. The only thing we did at actual age was wean.

We were basically advised to think at 6 months old we'd have a 3 month baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->