Cosleeping

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Right now I'm sleeping her in a snuggle nest on my bed...but shes too long for it already and needs to come out of it. I want to keep her in the bed with me, I'd rather not have her in her crib.

For those of you who co-sleep without any sleeper thing, how do you do it? Like I mean the blanket/pillow/bed position situation so that they're safe??

I co-sleep about half the night and the rest he's in his bassinet beside the bed.

I dont ever have my blankets any higher than my hips, so he cant get caught under them, which doesn't bother me becuse I'm a hot sleeper and also I'll usually have a pillow between my knees so I cant roll over without waking up.

When I was in the hospital the nurse put a small rolled up towel on either side of baby just wedged under him a little, so he couldn't roll either. The nurse also told me when he's co-sleeping to just have a blanket tucked over him, rather than wrapping him, because if he does get caught under the blankets, he needs to have his arms and legs free to wake me.

Theres no significant risk in my opinion with co-sleeping, people have been doing it since the beginning and some cultures believe its safer, as when the baby is by your side you cant help but be aware of their breathing and movements - The only real danger comes in when you've been drinking, taking drugs or using medication that make you drowsy.

I love co-sleeping, its almost a guilty pleasure, as its something I was never going to do, I'd planned to put baby in his own bed in his own room from the beginning, but I just love holding him all night, he's so sweet and beautiful!

I slept with Jasmine the first week, and we have naps in the afternoon... Putting her in her crib was the best thing for us though... I was bringing her in in the morning to snuggle, but I found it was just messing her up and she was then not as settled in her crib.

However, I used normal blankets etc..

I co sleep with salim but we have seperate covers. I tuck one side of his covers under the mattress and a pillow behind him because he sleeps on his side. He absolutely hates being flat on his back and always has done. I wouldnt recommend cosleeping if your a heavy sleeper because some babies can move during the night towards you. I didnt plan on co-sleeping before I had him but I was so sore due to having an episiotomy and was breastfeeding it was easier to have him in bed with me. I wouldnt change it now, I love it and I find it safer at least hes close enough to see hes ok.

I sleep with Harley on my chest and my pillows propped behind me and 1 on each side of me ( I have 9 pillows on my bed, 1 is a body pillow) so that way I can't roll over or anything, and she sleeps really well like that, in fact we got 7 hours of sleep last night all together

Occassionally i'll bring Savannah into bed with me of a morning until she's ready to get up, all i do is leave the blankets down low and cuddle her. I generally don't put blankets on her unless it's really cold, which hasn't happened as it's summer. But I don't even move when she's in bed with me, which is odd as I normally toss and turn heaps.

I dont do anything particular with Colton.
You just have to watch and know your baby. For instance, Colton NEVER pulls blankets up; he always kicks them with his feet.. so I have never had to worry about him getting caught under the blanket.
Besides that we still have all our pillows on the bed (Colton likes to scoot up so his head is touching them).
Although at first I did have Colton on the end, with me in the middle, because I was scared OH might roll on him. Now he sleeps inthe middle though because he has fallen off the bed (not while sleeping though.. it was midday), and now that he is older it's okay because he wakes and screams until I move OH off him and cuddle him again.
=]

I have only co-slept with Jasmine a couple of times but stopped due to her wanting to be in my bed all the time. Now she sleeps in her own bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->