Cosmetic treatments for stretch marks.

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi girls. I'm wondering if anyone has had any cosmetic (ie laser) treatments for stretch marks?

If so, how pleased were you with the results?

I have no problem spending the money on it, I really want these buggers gone. My boyfriend thinks I should wait until after we're through having children, but I read that it works best on the pink/red/purple marks (rather than white/silver ones)?

Any insight would be appreciated, including how much you spent, I realize it varies depending on which treatment you get, I think about $3000 at the top end is about right?

It's my belly, below my belly button.. my hips.. even some on my legs FFS :( I was so tiny before I got pregnant.. now I'm fat AND it looks like a child scribbled all over my belly with a pink crayon :blush:

You're still pregnant, aren't you? A lot of the stretch marks will get less and might even go completely in the first month after giving birth. I'd definitely not plan or book anything until you've given it some time to heal.

As for prices, I'm afraid I can't help

iv been thinkin about this 2 tasha the top of my legs look terrible and i havnt even put on that much weight sorry no help with prices but i over heard someone talking about it once and she said she was really pleased with the results i think it takes more than one session but im with ya hun lol

I read somewhere that there is an injection they can give you that gets rid of stretchmarks, and is really in expensive. Cant remember where I read it though.

You're still pregnant, aren't you? A lot of the stretch marks will get less and might even go completely in the first month after giving birth. I'd definitely not plan or book anything until you've given it some time to heal.

As for prices, I'm afraid I can't help

Yes yes yes I'm still pregnant and no lol I'm not booking I'm just looking into it as a future option in the event they get really bad and look especially awful after she's here. I know it sounds silly to worry now and it sounds almost selfish on my part in a way.. but I can't bear the thought of never wearing a bikini again, I guess I could do a tankini or something but I want to like my body, I want my boyfriend to think I'm attractive, etc. :(

Aw Tasha :hugs: Don't worry, I cried almost every day in my last trimester about how horrible mine were, and as soon as she came out even they were so much better. I mean they're still there but they get better really quickly.

I would ask a dermatologist for retin-a cream before trying laser, its a LOT less expensive.

You honestly do view them in a different way after pregnancy. They really are battle wounds for your beautiful baby! You may feel differently later.

I've been looking a bit about it, it's around 3500$ and it's done by laser treatment... It doesn't completely go away, it just make them fade and they are a lot less noticeable.

I think once you're done with having babies, and are fit and done loosing weight it is worth doing!!!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->