Cost of Gonal F or Follistim??? My insurance does not cover it!

Jewel21

Proud Mother of 2!
Reaction score
Was told I need to take the Injectable medication Gonal F or Follistim along with IUI. To whomever used these medications, how much did it cost you out of pocket (if your insurance didnt cover it)? Also what dosage do they usually start us out with (I have a high FSH level of 12.7). Thanks!

I haven't started injections yet, but I looked online and I've found prices anywhere between $400 and over $1,000! I was thinking of doing injections if this 4th round of IUI with letrozole doesn't work. My insurance also doesn't cover fertility meds so I've been looking around. :dohh:

I used Follistim. My 900U cartridge was $1200 before insurance. I feel bad even posting that.

I used FSH/LH injectables along with Clomid and it cost about $700. I did two shots every other day for 6 days.

My puregon (equivalent to gonal F) was 300iu for $300 - but the cartridge actually has 400iu in it so I got 5 doses out of 1 shot.

I am using Follistim this cycle. I was prescribed two 600IU cartridges, and it was $1250 a box, according to the pharmacy. My insurance covered it, or I couldnt have done it. I'm so sorry this is so pricey for you :(

I really give a lot of credit to all of you strong women out there who foot the bill for infertility treatment, and so much understandin and sympathy for those who simply cannot :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->