Cot bedding question

KeirasMummy.

Expecting A Little Girl
Reaction score
this is probs a dumb question but saw a simular thread & it reminded me of something i was thinking about the other week .. soo i have brought a cot bedding set, came with sheets, quilt etc & atm i have set it all up so atm the quilt is all tucked in on top of the sheets. I know you have to wait like a year or so before using a quilt but would it hurt to lay baby on it when she is sleeping or will i need to remove it & just have her laying on the sheet?

I didn't want to read and run but can't really help sorry hun. If this was me i'd remove the quilt altogether if you want to lie the baby in the cot just to reduce the risk of them wriggling and the quilt untucking and going over the babies head or them getting wrapped up in it

xxx

Ive got the same sheets and quilt my baby won't be going in the cot when he's first born but I will put him down to lay in there if I did this I would put him on top of the quilt as it won't be for long just if I was in the room or bath or something but if I was to put him in there to go to sleep then I would remove the quilt so he's laying on the bottom sheet.

Hope this helps.

Lynda

Just for laying on sounds fine, like you would on the floor. for sleeping I wouldn't bother. Also they may be sick or wee on it and ruin it for when you want to use it. Sheets are easier to wash.

thanks girls, was just seeing if there was anything dangerous about it, obviously theres if it comes untucked but i think it would be ok as its proper tucked under like the sheets. good point about the keeping it clean tho!

yeah for laying down while your up i see is ok just liek being on a tummy mat

but for sleeping i wouldn"t

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"