Cot Bumpers...?

moo2

Mommy to George
Reaction score
I've looked at a few bedding sets for cots and most of them include cot bumbers and quilts... I'm sure I've read somewhere you shouldn't use these? Have I got that wrong? It just seems odd, if you're not supposed to use them why do so many places sell them? :confused:

I've looked at a few bedding sets for cots and most of them include cot bumbers and quilts... I'm sure I've read somewhere you shouldn't use these? Have I got that wrong? It just seems odd, if you're not supposed to use them why do so many places sell them? :confused:

I got a lovely Zorbit cot bumper and quilt with my cot (6 years ago:rofl:)...still in packet:dohh:

I heared you weren't supposed to use them and used sleeping bags for all mine anyway so...they're just sat in the cupboard in their original packaging:blush:

Hi, I read somewhere that you're not meant to have them once baby can sit up coz they can get under the bumper some how, I'm not sure tho. I have got them for my cot anyway coz they were part of the set, it does seem weird that they're not recommended but pretty much every baby shop does them! xx

i was at a baby class today where someone mentioned the crib bumpers. the spokesperson said crib bumpers are fine until your baby is able to grab them and pull them over his/her head (if they do). Also when your baby starts to stand, some babies figure to climb on the bumper to get up and over the edge of the crib. She said usually crib bumpers are no problem in the first 6 months of age.

Some people do use them, most people I know actually. It is just one of those controversial things. I will be using the bumper pads.

Wobbles had a neat way of threading the pad around the corner bars so that it stayed tight and the baby couldn't pull it of.

It my NHS booklet on pregnancy/babies it says that they dont recommended them as a baby can become tangled in them.

My midwife comes to my home and she checked my nursery and cot to see i had everything and everything was ok.. and she didnt say anything about the bumper i had on my cot apart from make sure i always check it is still tied tight. I think they are safe to use to be honest.. Like ryder said, I have also threaded the bumper around the two corner bars to make it tighter because it was pretty loose before that. But im not using the matching quilt.. You have to put baby at the end of the cot, With their feet at the end and not in the middle or the top of the cot (so nowhere near the bumper anyway untill they start sitting and moving) But i thought the quilt was to big to use for little baby so im just using a sleeping bag and normal blankets if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->