Cot or Cotbed ?

Louisa K

Reaction score
Hello!!

Looking into nursery furniture and hoping to make a few purchases very soon, I can't decide on whether to buy a plain cot or go for a cotbed??

What would you recommend I brought and why?

With Emily i had a cot bed and it lasted until she was about 4ish i think
with Jack i got a cot but i still had to buy a cotbed just before he was 1 as he kept waking himself up when moving about

we bought a cot for rhys but i wish we bought a cotbed for the same reason as Jo

with my first child i bought a cot bed and if im honest i think it was the best purchase i made for him, compared to a normal cot a cot bed is more solid and lasts till there about 4 years old, this time round i have also bought a cot bed it saves having to buy another bed when they grow out of the cot, its definatly a best buy in my eyes x

Yeah cotbed is deffo the one isn't it.. Im just a little worried about size, they are pretty huge and i only have a little room for the nursery.. Might have to squeeze it in...

I bought a cot bed. She isnt in it yet obviously but the reason I bought it is beacuse they last a fair while, the one we bought seems really good quality and just prefered the idea.

I would buy a cotbed, they last longer and make the transition from cot to bed a little easier (so i hear lol)

definatly go for a cot bed. they arent that big..not as big as a childs bed, Im sure it would be fine, we have a cotbed in a box room.

they last much longer and so much easier when you decide to transfer to a bed its just a case of removing the rails and lowering it instead of completely taking down a cot and re-building a new bed.

We bought a cot bed for Rebecca and a cot for Lucy.

I am glad I bought the cot bed as Rebecca is no where near ready to go into a bed, we still have the rails etc on.

Mamas and Papas one with underneath drawers and cot top changer and mattress £250 in Argos.

x

we bought a cot bed for Mia for the reasons everyone said above xxx

I have made a purchase and brought a nursery furniture set with a cotbed!!

Thanks very much for your help ladies !!

Do'ya know what, I bought our cot so long ago and it is still not up, that I don't know if it is a cot or a cot-bed? You have me wondering now! :blush:

I think you have made a good choice!

Ky is two and still in it, though it is a bed now!

Here it is!
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Demold%20Germany%2007/PN9221461.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->