cot v cotbed??

mummyluv

Reaction score
Being looking at cots recently and was just wondering if you recommended a cotbed over a cot because I know cotbeds are more expensive but it saves having to buy a new bed in a couple years time? what did you guys go for and what type of cot/cotbed did you choose and do you recomend it? Sorry for all the questions

x x x

Personally cot! I'm moving LO to a single bed and skipping the toddler bed, IMO it costs less in the long run as cotbeds are more expensive, but I don't think many people go from cot-single bed lol:)

I had a cotbed with my first. Was so useful when she climbed over the top as we just took the sides down that day (so she couldn't do it again and hurt herself) and didn't have to go out and buy a new bed quickly. She was 15 months when she had the sides off, then at 20 months she was waking in the night because there wasn't enough room for her so we brought her a full sized single bed then. I'm using the same cotbed this time around,so I'll definitely have and will get my money's worth out of it. They can be quite a bit bigger than a cot though so if you don't have the room, a cot would be more suitable.

I have a cotbed but I swapped some wooden train track for it (one of my mums work mates has a train mad son who'd just grown out of it) so it was essentially free :)

I have a cotbed and we bought a toddler bed because I wanted a Thomas bed for him :/

As a co sleeper I'd have to recommend that as its free ;) haha I never spent a penny on a cot or cot bed or even a Moses basket :p... But answering your question I would have definitely chosen a cot instead of a cotbed unless you can get one really cheap because you're going to have to buy a bigger bed eventually

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->