Cough/cold medicine

KarenLV

Reaction score
What medicine can be used on an almost 4month old for cough and cold? Skyler and I are both sick.I'm not taking meds cuz I'm scared it goes into breastmilk and might make him sicker.Am so tired since he will only sleep if I'm holding him upright against my chest.The useless bulb syringe I bought is not extracting the mucus from his nose so he has difficulty breathing.:cry:I just wish he gets healthy soon!

The only things you can use are Baby Vicks rub, and saline drops in his nose with an infant nasal aspirator. I recommend finding the littlest one you can, with Erica we couldn't get a thing out with the bigger bulb. Little Remedies makes a stuffy nose kit, with the saline drops and a tiny nasal aspirator that worked great. Its hard but there are no medicines suitable for babies this young. You might want to use a humidifier as well, that will help clear out his nose. It will help build his immune system as well to fight it off. Hope you both get better soon!! We just had a bad cold! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->