Cough remedies

Pne1985

Reaction score
I got sick over a week ago and am coughing nonstop. Especially at night so sleeping really isn't an option. I get this at least once every year and the only thing I've found that helps is Tessalon Perles. And I'm pretty sure I can't take them while being pregnant. Does anyone have any other options that have helped you? I've been drinking tea and honey at night and a ton of water through the day.

that's a tough one! you can try lemon with honey in hot water to see if that calms it. Otherwise talk to your doctor or pharmacist to see what is safe. I was lucky enough not to get a cough cold last pregnancy, but I do know our options are limited

Halls soothers. I have a cold right now and they're amazing :) I made sure I was aĺlowed them beforehand

Night time cough is THE WORST! Especially if you have a partner sharing your bed - sucks big time for them too. I have heard that Mucinex DM is safe to take for very short periods of time (a few days maybe) during the 2nd trimester. However - please confirm that with your physician. If you can take it, I highly recommend it. It's a miracle worker for me when I have a night time cough (also once a year or so).

Thanks ladies!! I have been drinking all kinds of herbal teas and honey and it finally seems to be subsiding. I feel somewhat human this morning because I got decent sleep (compared to what I was getting). Hopefully it just keeps getting better. It is rough for everyone except our 3 1/2 year old. Once he's sleeping, he sleeps through anything! Thanks again!

You can get glycerin cough syrups in most pharmacies- it's pretty much honey, lemon and glycerin and it helps coat the back of the throat to stop the coughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->