Coughing :-(

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
I've had a cough for a couple of weeks now and went to Dr about it yesterday. He said I just had to let it run it's course but I'm terrified of coughing after my section in just over a week. Anyone else had a cough after their section...how did you cope??!

you learn how to shallow cough. try some home remedies like honey and lemon

^^ agreed

I'm at 5 weeks post c-section and I still have to try and subdue coughs and sneezes! They will tell you that if you need to cough/sneeze you should brace your stomach with a pillow or cross you arms over you abdomen first....

Definetly put a pillow over it. I sneezed the day after mine and was pretty painful x

I had a horrible cough after my csection with my son. Hold a pillow tight to your stomach before you cough. I also drank hot tea with honey and took robitussin to help!

I had a terrible cough during my csection, coughing and sneezing. The sneezing was so painful. I just did whatever I could to `keep it in`

I just tried to clear my throat as often as I good, it sounds so disgusting and not very attractive but it was better than coughing. Also shallow coughing.

It didn`t last too long though [I mean the painfulness not the cough LOL]

put pillow over your tummy and sit down and lean forward it will be less painful.

i was told if i needed to cough or if i were laughing to hug where my scar is..
hours after my section all i did was cough and it really helped
:flow:

Thanks all. I remember trying to stop a sneeze with my last csection, and how painful it was just to laugh!! I really hope this cough just buggers off before my section!

Really starting to panic now because my cough is awful and I can't see it shifting, think I'm going to try robitussin. I'm more worried about the cough than the surgery!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->