Could girlfriend be preg?

AdamNC

Reaction score
Well my girlfriend and I decided that we were just gonna let things happen as they may, so we aren't using any birth control, but we're not actively planning for a baby.

So here's a little background: We first had unprotected sex on Feb 5th and right afterward she mentioned that earlier she found some sort of mucus that only comes around when you're ovulating. So after we got done, she propped her legs up and stayed like that for a while. Well it's now Feb 16th and she had just gotten back from a trip to FL and told me that while she was down there, she started gettin queasy at various smells and would dry heave sometimes.

Could she be pregnant? She has PCOS, but does have a child from a previous relationship.

I looked on a website and found that some symptoms of pregnancy can appear 7-14 days after conception and it's been 11. One of the symptoms that usually appears is slight nausea.

Also, she is on celexa and only experienced sweating and has been on it for 6 months. Another site claimed that it too can cause nausea, but the effects are felt within the first 4 weeks.

Anyone been pregnant who can help me? Anyone taken celexa and had similar symptoms?

I'd love to be a father more than anything, am I gettin my hopes up?

Its possible but the only way to know for sure is if she takes a test. If she is 11 DPO then it might show up, but a positive could also take several more days. Good luck!

Hey Lemongrass,

So yesterday she and I took a trip to Asheville and she announces that she thinks she might be pregnant. She told me that every smell makes her queasy now and that the other night in bed, she felt like she had a glow about her. Also, she has been having weird sensations where her uterus is and said it's either pregnancy or a GI disorder, but with everything I think it's pregnancy.

Can a woman actually "feel" pregnant? She told me she just feels it and knows the signs and thinks she is, but wants to wait and see.

Not likely you dont have symtoms until your about 5 weeks pregnant which from your LMP... It is because HCG the pregnancy hormones dont kick in full force until then. Then it hits you.. Most of the time the egg doesnt implant till 7-14 days after ovulation anyway. That is why im not sure why people test at 11 DPO or 12 DPO I didnt get a postive till after i missed my period.

I have thought that I felt pregnant before, it was a huge disappointment when I found out that I wasn't. She may be right, but I wouldn't get my hopes up until I saw a positive test.

It all depends. Usually I've heard it's difficult for most women to get pregnant with PCOS unless they're taking meds but it may vary from person to person. alot of times when we are ttc or maybe even unconciously hoping for a baby, we make ourselves ''feel'' pregnant, i've done it a million times in my year of ttc. So, if I were her I wouldn't be freaking out, it's only be 13 days since the sex. Don't stress out or worry about it too much until/if she misses her period. Gl xx

To be sure if she is pregnant she needs to take a pregnancy test. That is the only way to know whether she is or not. Also, some of the medications like celexa, prozac, zoloft, etc can cause major birth defects, so if she is pregnant she needs to notify her doctor immediately so they can assess what to do about her medication and dosage.

I agree with every one above. Did she test yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->