could i be allergic to my dog??

fidgets mammy

mammy of 3 fab kids
Reaction score
weve had oyr german shepherd since september so i think its a long shot, but lately her moulting is horrendous(they moult all yr long), and all i do in the house is sneeze, not when im out just at home. my eyes arent watery and i dont have a cold so was wondering if it could be down to her fur??

anyone any advice on this?

To help with GSD's moulting, make sure you get a good quality brush that gets to their undercoat and brush regularly. I bet it will help massively. Maybe ask the doc if you can get an allergy test done?

Absolutely get an allergy test done to see exactly what you're allergic to.

If you're allergic to dogs, it's the pet dander (similar to human dandruff) not the hair itself.

Have you always been like this around your dog or did the sneezing just start?

Reason I ask is because I'm allergic to cats and I start to get itchy, watery eyes if I pet a cat then forget to wash my hands. The pet dander is on my hands and I accidentally touch my eye or nose, thus making my allergies go crazy.

It's just come on over past few weeks, it onlt happwns at home, I'm snotty and sneeze and feel like poop yet fine if im elsewhere.

I'll mention it to doc next time I go.
It can't be a cold if it only happens at home.

Yeah like previous posts I would get checked out, my OH Luke is allergic to only some kinds of dogs we had a sheep dog but had to get rid of it a few weeks old to a good home because Luke was allergic and it got so bad he had an inhaler! - Make sure you get tested out!

Doesn't sound like allergies then. If you were actually allergic to the dog, then you would have been this way ever since you had the pet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->