• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could I be in labor?

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
So early today I posted that I went to the OB for my 41 week appt and found out that I was 2-3cm and 70% effaced. My doctor did a membrane strip. I had mild cramping afterwards.. but nothing too bad.
I went to bed tonight, but have been awoken a few times to stronger AF type cramps. I can't get comfortable at all. Could this be the start of labor? I don't want to wait too long to get to the hospital if so.
This is my first time. What do you guys think??

Definitely sounds like the start of something, have you been timing the pains?

Could definitely be the start of something! Try going for a walk or bouncing on your ball if you have one.

Best of luck x

First night after my sweep i had a false run, it lasted 5hrs. Through the next day i felt pretty normal.
Second night after me and hubby had sex, within 30mins i was contracting pretty intense then i lost a palm size clump of my plug, contractions just got stronger and closer together. We rang up when they were 4min apart lasting 1 min (this was our second baby)
if your contracting regular for an hour, at 5min apart lasting a min where i am your advised to call and l&d know

They seem to be getting stronger. I took some Tylenol and went back to sleep.. or tried to. But I keep waking up about every twenty minutes in pain. I have timed a few of them. They last over a min and a half each time. Start slowly and intensify. I'll keep an eye on it, but man, they are pretty unpleasant.

Starting slowly and intensifying certainly sounds like contractions to me!

Stalking for updates :)

Definitely sounds like labour to me. If they're regular and not varying in intensity then I'd say it's the real deal! In my experience false labour contractions are usually pretty inconsistent; some last longer or are stronger than others. Yours sound very promising :)

Best of luck, I can't wait for an update!!

So, I'm still having contractions.. They aren't as close together now, but just as painful. I barely slept last night because of them.. if I don't sleep tonight either, I am going to call the doctor and tell them I have been having very painful contractions for 24 hours and I can't do it anymore and need to come in.

Definitely stalking this cus it sounds very promising hun. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->