Could I be pregnant? I hate getting BFN!

mjbutterflies

Reaction score
Okay, I have one DD who is 19 months old now. I am still nursing her, but it's not like it was when I was her only source of food. I started having periods again about 6 or 7 months ago. We are not TTC, but we're not TTP it either. We BD August 22, and then I started what I thought was a period on the 29th. I had some bleeding, but then it was not like a normal period. In fact, it seemed to completely stop, and I had a dry regular tampon after several hours. Then I just used the long pantyliners, and the blood was brownish and sometimes dark red. It stopped by the 2nd of September. I thought I couldn't be pregnant because I had a period, but then I started having so many symptoms like when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was very moody, crying over nothing, I was so hungry much more frequently, my lower back was hurting, I've gotten 2 migraines, I got a few pimples on my face, and I was urinating more than ever, I've been nauseated almost every day but not gotten sick, and I was very gassy (eww)! I started thinking maybe I could be pregnant? I said something to my cousin and said it wasn't possible because I'd had a period. She said I should get a pregnancy test. I got a 3 pack, and I used one right when I got it instead of waiting until the morning. It was negative. I tested again the next two days (can you say no patience, lol!), and I got BFN. This was the 7th, 8th and 9th of September.

I haven't tested since then. I've felt the same symptoms pretty much every day since then, and then this week I had some mild cramping. It went away but it happened a few times and no bleeding. I also have been having a lot of very wet CM, but I tested to see if I was ovulating, and I wasn't. I really want to test again, but I hate feeling let down by the BFN. When I thought I could be pregnant, I realized how much I really wanted another one. So what do you think?

I had similar a few months ago when my LO started dropping feeds. He's down to one a day now and my body seems a bit all over the place.

I've been feeling like this lately too but I tested and it came back negative. I don't want to get you excited if you aren't pregnant but I went through the same thing with DS. I had spotting and all the symptoms but kept getting BFN until I was about 7weeks pregnant. I had thought the spotting was my period and so it messed with my due date and DS measured 2weeks bigger the entire pregnancy but they refused to change my due date.

I'm feeling the exact same way, without the spotting, just generally sicky and nauseated but no throwing up and I am also testing negative. I never had this with my son as I found out I was pregnant the first time I POAS. I feel your frustration and just wanted you to know I'm in the same boat! Hope you get a BFP this cycle but if not, now that you know you want #2, you can start actively trying. :)

heya hun, Sorry to be a late poster but I was looking through the boards to see if anyone was in the same position I am in, and low and behold this sounds almost exact to what I'm going through now.

Did you manage to get a pregnancy confirmation, or are you still TTC?

My last two 'periods' almost were non existant, spotting brown for 4 days (sorry TMI). And this one that's due, hasn't arrived yet..4 days late at the moment with no signs of AF arriving and BFN :bfn: on tests. Going a little loopy with symptoms but can't get in to see Doc until health insurance kicks in on Nov 1.

Hi there,
I just waited until my AF was due again to see what happened, and sure enough, she didn't show. I tested 3 days later, and I got my BFP!! :bfp:
Have you ever been irregular? If not, you could be pregnant and just not have enough of the hormone in your urine yet. Good luck!

Wow congratd hun!! Amazing news so happy for you.

Nope I've been pretty regular but most of my 'symptoms' have gone now so I think that's me out and I'm just having a few weird months. :)

Congrats again and here's to a happy healthy pregnancy!!!

Thanks to everyone else for your responses. For some reason I did not get a notification that anyone had responded until ShootinStarz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->