Could I be pregnant?

emmalee1107

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a 20 year old college student and I think I may be pregnant! I've taken a bunch of online quizzes to see if I could be based on my symptoms and they all say yes, my body is changing rapidly plus I missed my period for the first time in 1 year since starting birth control.

Here is some basic info: The 1st day of my LMP (last menstrual period) was 11/20/2014. My period was supposed to start 12/16/14. The week of 11/24/14 I messed up my birth control regiment due to change is normal everyday routine (visiting family for Thanksgiving break). I had intercourse on 12/1/14. We used protection but I later found out the condom had torn on the side. On 12/4/14 I started experiencing light cramping and very light spotting of dark brown/red bloody discharge. This lasted on and off till 12/14/14.

I haven't changed anything in my daily life. My period is always 4 days long on a 26 day cycle. I've been under a lot of stress since June but my period was always on time and normal before now. I'm only experiencing the physical changes since having intercourse.

I have tender & swollen breasts, darker areolas, weird sensations in my nipples, lower back pain, nausea, major headaches, light cramps, cravings to food I've never liked before, food aversions to food I used to love, slight bloating and hot flashes. I've checked my cervix before intercourse and now it is a little lower and its softer and I have thick, creamy white discharge.

I took a pregnancy test on 12/16/14 and came out negative within 3 minutes. I took the other one 12/21/14 (5 days after my expected period) and it became negative within 30 seconds. I took the 3rd test yesterday (it was a more expensive test) and set a timer like the last 2 and it came out negative. Is there any possibility I could still be pregnant and accidentally took the tests wrong or too early?

I talked to my mom and she said when she was pregnant with me, she took 4 tests and they all came out negative but she felt terrible and missed her period so she got a blood test and it was positive.

Thank you for any input you have! I'm planning to go to the OB-GYN on Tuesday for a blood test if I don't get my period by then.

You very well could be pregnant . If you have a regular cycle, you would have had intercourse in your fertile time. Implantation bleeding usually occurs at earliest 6 days but more like 9 days after ovulation/fertilization, so if you ovulated earlier than it could be. Stress and overthinking can also make your body do some crazy things haha. And lots of early pregnancy symptoms are also PMS symptoms. If I were you, I would go to doctor to have them check. It's not very common, but some women don't test positive with a pee test and need a blood test, and if that was the case with your mom then that could very well be. But yes- go to the doctor and get it all checked out! And don't forget to mention the discharge. Baby or no baby there could be an infection that should be treated.

Thank you so much!! I've been super worried and trying not to think about it but it's hard when my body is changing rapidly for an unknown reason.

Oh totally. I know what you mean. But go see your doctor and you should get your answer :) good luck!

You very well could be pregnant or it could be change in hormones from the pill. When I first started birth control I would get morning sickness, fatigue, moodiness and spotting. Please keep us updated! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->