Could I feel gas from outside?!

Talia12

Reaction score
So, I'm over 17 weeks and been feeling flutters for 2 weeks now that haven't progressed into proper kicks. With my son, just a few days after the first flutters, I had big obvious kicks and jabs happening (granted this was around 18 weeks). So I've been frustrated because I'm just NOT SURE if this is baby! Fyi I already know I don't have an anterior placenta so it's not that factor.

I've had tons of digestive issues this pregnancy already, and the last two days I've ramped up my fruit and veg intake, so I'm thinking a lot of these flutters could be gas. Actually, sometimes, I get what feels like it could be a kick...and then like thirty seconds later I burp or fart. God dammit.

But tonight I was lying with my hand flat on my belly, and I felt one of these gas/baby flutters, and it totally pushed up against my hand! Just for a second, lightly. I got so excited, like THAT WAS A REAL KICK, but then I started wondering if it was possible that a massive gas bubble could be felt from the outside. I am super gassy tonight so I'm trying not to read too much into the fluttering feelings...

Could this possibly have been gas?! Am I going crazy? :dohh: It's just so frustrating because I was 18 weeks with my son so I had hopefully imagined I'd be earlier this time round, and so far it's possible that every "movement" I think I've felt has actually been a gut bubble!

I don't think gas would cause you to feel it outside but I can't be sure! Ive never had it and felt it like that but I guess there is a small chance it could have happened! I think you felt your baby!

In all honesty I have felt gas from the outside before I was even pregnant, must be a super gassy person :blush::haha:

Haha! Thanks ladies. I so don't know what to think. Today I've felt more of the movement/not movement and it did feel a lot like baby wriggling. I guess I just have to be patient, at some point it should graduate to those really obvious kicks!

I have felt gas from the outside while pregnant and also when not pregnant at all :rofl:

Could be either! I'd judge it based off where the feeling was probably. At 17 weeks, it would be pretty low for it to be the baby.

I have felt gas from the outside while pregnant and also when not pregnant at all :rofl:

Could be either! I'd judge it based off where the feeling was probably. At 17 weeks, it would be pretty low for it to be the baby.

Glad it's not just me :shock:

yup. I feel gas from the outside as well!!! but like manda said, at 17 weeks the kicks should be really low, like around the pubic line. With that said, my midwife told me that your instincts are almost always right. If you think it was a kick, it probably was :)

I've felt gas from the outside too! Agree with everyone who says unless it's really low it's likely gas and not baby. Also I never felt either of my babies from the outside until well over 20 weeks, even though I felt them on the inside from quite early.

I certainly do. All the time. I get terrible trapped wind since my c section 5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->