Could I have not ovulated?

shortnstumpy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

this cycle I had a positive OPK on the 1st of July so my hubby and I set to work doing the deed. My period was due 16th Or 17th of July but I ended up getting AF on the 9th of July (7 or 8 days early). Now I am new at this but would that make my luteal phase only 7-8 days?

ok so now I'm thinking maybe I didn't end up ovulating as my period only went for 2.5 days and I ALWAYS have 5 days of heavy bleeding. I am a bit confused as to what my odd is doing as my periods have always been regular, long and heavy and all of a sudden it has come early and was short. Could this be a sign of missed ovulation?

Thanks ladies.

Well you did get a positive OPK so I think that it means that you probably did ovulate. Could it had been implantation bleeding?

No not implantation bleeding it was really heavy flow like my normal period just 2.5 days shorter and came 8 days early so wasn't sure if maybe I didn't end up ovulating so that sped up the process if that makes sense?

Is this your first time using OPK's?

Ive had positive opks, and had blood tests to find out I didnt actually ovulate. Sometimes your body gears up for ovulation but for some reason doesnt release the egg. Good luck :)

Are you sure it was your period? I wonder if it was really your period as it was shorter than normal. I dont think it necessarily means you are not ovulating, probably wouldn't have been my first thought. I would of thought not ovulating would cause your af not to show up rather than showing up early, although saying that some people who have a regular cycle don't necessarily ovulate.

Temping is a good way to see if you are ovulating, I'm going to start that next cycle (when it eventually arrives).

Other option is that you have a short luteal phase but if its not usually that short that that sounds strange.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea than me, this is my first cycle ttc so I'm not all that clued up. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->