Could I have O'ed without my temps realising?

patienceiav

Reaction score
Heya lovely BnB ladies :flower:

Curious George here again with a question for you chart smart people:

I had a 10day LP last month so I thought I'd start opk at cd10 just in case, bam +opk that evening, no more fertile cm after cd11 and nothing on opk every day since (cd17 today) .

After having read this little tidbit on ff: " Fertility Awareness Detector is based on the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) as it is widely published (ovulation is detected after 3 temperatures above the previous 6" i suddenly wondered, would my temps not match this pattern before O since there was so little time from af ending to suspected O? Am I kidding myself that I have O'ed or could it be coming much later than expected? My temps in general have been low this month, I just don't know what to think this cycle!

Any thoughts welcome :flower:

Hmmmm! I am new to charting myself so i can't be sure, but as far as I understand it, you will always have a temp shift if you actually O.

I was looking at your previous charts and there is a definite shift last month but not the month before either! Do you know if you O'd that month at all? I wonder if maybe you ovulate every other month?

I hope it's nothing like that! It was my first month off bcp and i thought its pretty hard to get AF if you don't O, ironically that's the only month I really felt O pain but then again everything was heightened and out of whack.

Maybe my cm and OPK's will turn around, maybe I did O or maybe I won't :(

This looks all to familiar chica. BTW I would say by temps only you may be getting ready to O now. How is your cm if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway to answer you original question I always had an issue confirming O until 4-5 days after when I started charting because my temps are erratic. My body had a lot of trouble getting an egg to drop and I'd get 2-3 bbt drops at various points of my cycle accompanied by fertile cm and almost positive opk's only to find out I didn't actually O :growlmad:

To make it more confusing I would get a fallback rise 1-2 days after O and so the FAM method never worked for me because it removed my O date when the fallback rise occured. Also...lol....to add to the mix I didn't always get fertile cm when I o'd so I finally started taking some supplement and using progesterone cream to straighten everything out. It took several months but having been on BC for many many years I feel that really messed up my cycles and I had to do something.

Good luck and keep bd'ing!

I hope it's nothing like that! It was my first month off bcp and i thought its pretty hard to get AF if you don't O, ironically that's the only month I really felt O pain but then again everything was heightened and out of whack.

Maybe my cm and OPK's will turn around, maybe I did O or maybe I won't :(

Oh! Well i didnt realize you went off BC that month. That probably explains it! :p Seems we are all a bit whacky once going off BC.

It could be as Pandi said! Might actually be gearing for an O right now! Your temp seems to be dropping still so, if it shoots back up high and stays high then you'll have a pretty good idea that you O'd. :)

Ooh thanks for your story, doesn't fill me with confidence though boo! :cry: hehe

Tmi time

My cm is on the chart also :) i didn't check it before cd10 but had watery same day with a positive opk and the next day, since then it's been watery creamy, like very pale milky and not much of it this past week, making it all rather confusing :shrug:

I had worried I wouldn't O properly if it was happening at cd11 since the previous cycle was cd17, just been a glum week of nothing changing and no clue what's what :( hrmf! I've been taking evening primrose oil since I haven't encountered ewcm (just watery which is not bad at least) but now I'm afraid to continue since I stopped cd11 after the +opk since I heard it's not good to take after O, I've been drinking "Fertility smoothies" every day and drinking a vegetable juice, along with improved eating (I'm thin and not too unhealthy to start with) I was so sure this month would be a great one :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence BeeBee, wish I felt it :D I shall keep bd up till ff gives me a hint otherwise! Stupid bcp, at least my cycles have been semi regular, I just hoped my early temps might not have been enough to go off from the special ff method detector thing :( stupid opk and cm throwing me off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->