could it be too quiet?

babytibby

Reaction score
lo has problems settling at night in her crib and I was wondering could it be cos its too quiet

During the day when she naps she s downstairs in her swing or pram or on the sofa and the tv is usually on, the pc is normally wurring away, the other kids are around, me and oh talking etc, normal noise from a normal house with kids and pets etc

Do you think it could be then too quiet when she is upstairs and thats whats waking her :wacko:

No idea doll you could try a radio in the roon with her crib in and see what happens, didn't want to read n run x

YES!
Okay so here's my story: When I was a kid, we lived in this tiny place. Me, two brothers, 3 sisters, my parents. Mom never had any trouble getting babies to sleep.
Then we moved to this giant house and when I was 15 my mom had my 3rd brother. She had the same bassinet as she'd always had, but her bedroom (where baby was supposed to nap) was way up in the top floor of the house, and the living room and kitchen, etc, were on the ground floor.
That baby NEVER napped in the bassinet! At night, fine, because he co-slept with my parents, but during the day? He would NOT sleep up there!
We've since figured out that it was TOO DANG QUIET - Mom wishes she'd just brought his bassinet downstairs! Instead we (yes, I helped and my dad too) held him or wore him constantly so he'd nap :haha:

Definitely possible. I cannot sleep without some kind of white noise (fan, sleep noise maker) and I always put on some kind of white noise while my baby is sleeping. It keeps her asleep longer. Not only does it provide a little noise, but it also covers up sudden noises that may startle her.

I think it is that definately.

Last night she woke about 1.45 for feed etc which was done, fone, no problem then when I put her back down she wasnt having any of it. She wasnt crying or anything just restless again.

Anyway, 2.45 daddy comes home and she is in her crib with the lullaby light going which actually isnt the most softening of music.

Daddy walks in and puts the light on (WTF????) and starts talking to me about his work etc and gives me an email to read from a row he's caught up in (again, WTF do you know what time it is lol) and literally within seconds of us talking she was dosing off. She had gone from actively kicking her blankets and bedding in the air to being almost asleep.

All I have to do now is find a replacement noise to daddy so he doesnt have to keep me awake tonight in the process of sending lo to sleep ;)

We had a similar problem with LO waking up in the evenings. We live in a flat and as much as me and DH tiptoe around after the baby goes to bed, noise travels like thunder through this place. Even going to have a stealthy pee would disturb her! But I bought a white noise CD and that seems to have helped. Now she usually sleeps between the time I put her down at five and the time I go to bed at eight (unfortunately I always manage to wake her up then!) But I'd say it was a good investment, and I enjoy the CD too.

It's just a CD of background noise really! You can get ones with nature sounds like rainfall or ocean waves, and they do some for little babies that replicate womb noises. This is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Relaxation...?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1321629240&sr=1-3-catcorr

We just play it on a loop. My husband downloaded it to his MP3 player and it goes all night.

thanks. I might give that a go if she doesn't start to settle down soon when its bed time

I've found this too, first couple of nights at home she wouldn't settle upstairs but would downstairs with tv etc on. Last couple of nights we've kept the tv on in the bedroom and she sleeps well. I was worried that the light would keep her awake but she sleeps worse if you turn her away from the tv. And here was me saying we wouldn't be able to have the bedroom tv on at night before she was here!

we dont have a tv in our bedroom. We do have on but its not set up as theres no room for it since we had new wardrobes. I have told oh today though that he needs to sort it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->