could this be contractions? what do they feel like?

nilllabean26

Reaction score
I can't sleep and for the last few hours, I keep waking up to sharp pains where baby is.the always stop and go away for a while. At times it feels like it's tightening and like I have to take a bowel movement. At first it felt like an upset tummy when u have bad diarrhea. I'm getting them like every 30 min. I'm only 19w 5 days though. I don't feel pain in vagina or lower abdomen when this is happening but it's so hard to move. I'm really scared and praying it's not contractions...

Please let me know if u felt this before and it wasn't contractions or desxrib e how urs felt plz. Thanks

P.s should I be fine of my waters don't break? Or is that irrelevant?

I just used the Doppler right now and heart rate was around 125. What would the rate be if I was to be having contractions so early? Much lower?

Im fairly sure 125 is normal for where you are but those sound like they COULD be contractions. Its better to be safe than sorry. Recently i thought i was just having BH and went into the hospital because even though they werent painful they weren't stopping and found out i was in labor and had to have it stopped. So im very glad i went it to be checked out and would advise you to do the same.

Good luck. :)

Im fairly sure 125 is normal for where you are but those sound like they COULD be contractions. Its better to be safe than sorry. Recently i thought i was just having BH and went into the hospital because even though they werent painful they weren't stopping and found out i was in labor and had to have it stopped. So im very glad i went it to be checked out and would advise you to do the same.

Good luck. :)
Ty for responding. What is Bh?
When u had your episode, how long were your contractions lasting and how far apart? It's 2am now and I'm so paranoid. I'm already high risk because of bp and I'm getting so nervous and anxious. Labor and depivwry is an hour drive away and hubby is across country atm. In the morning I will call a clinic where my ob works(10min away) and see if she can see me tomorrow. I'm supposed to see her on the 28th, but I don't want to wait that long. I'm staying up now to see how many times it happens and track them.

Damn. Nevermind... clinic is closed on weekends. I will drive to labor and deliver in the morning or call ambulance. I'm so nervous

I would say definitely go to hospital to be checked. Brixton hicks should be uncomfortable but not really painful and should go away when you move or change position x

BH= Braxton Hicks contractions which are not real labor. They usually stop if you do the opposite of what you were doing (rest if you were doing activity, get up and walk if you were laying down) and/or drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is key. But, if you can time these pains you're getting, I would definitely go to the hospital, don't wait til morning or anything. (Even tho right now it already is) .... Good luck, most likely you're totally fine but it's better to have peace of mind in my opinion!

ty ladies. im on my way to labor n delivery now. ty for the advice

pain is unbearable and doesnt stop even if i change positions. :/ im getting so anxious

Hope you are okay hun. Thinking of you. Hope if it was labour it could be stopped successfully. We are all getting worried about you over on the June Bugs thread. When you are able, let us know how you are doing.

Thinking of you and hoping everything is okay!

ty ladies. i really appreciate it. thankfully my baby is doing well. Its just me and my health and things they cannot fix since I am pregnant. Just gotta deal with it for now. Best wishes to all of you ladies and your pregnancies as well:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->