Could this have caused my miscarriage?????

angel91

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope this threads doesn't upset anyone, I just have to know.

After I misscarried on new yes eve I did a lot of research as to what may have caused. I'm a healthy 19 yr old and my oh is also very healthy. Anyway, I found information about blood types and if I was negative I would need some medical treatment throughout the pregnancy, to my relief I found out I'm B positive. There was no mention of the fathers blood type affecting the pregnancy.

So, just as I'm starting to come to terms with everything my mum found out that the fathers blood type does affect the pregnancy. I'm hoping this isn't true as I'm unaware of my oh's blood type, if it is true I'm hoping he's positive, I don't want him thinking it was his fault and he was so upset. I'm thinking about not mentioning it at all to him, but for my own piece of mind I was wondering if any of you have heard of miscarriages caused by the father having a negative blood type?

I hope this doesn't sound silly and make sense. Thank you for reading xxx

It doesnt matter what the fathers blood type is as long as your blood type is positive. Its said that if you are negative and the father positive then it can affect future pregnancies. Thats why they give the Anti-D injection at 28 and 35 (i think) weeks. But since you are positive it doesnt affect you.

All the same, most of the time nobody will ever know what caused a miscarriage. Also please dont blame yourself as it is not your fault nor your OH's.

Hi and sorry for your loss.
I'm only a GP but I've never heard of the father's blood group causing problems like this. The only problems we're trained about are if the mum is negative and the baby positive.
I would recommend that you don't mention this to your OH, it's a time when you are both very sensitive to comments like this, and even if there was any truth in this theory (which doesn't sound very likely to me) there's nothing you can do about it.

Thank u, I really appriciate the comments. It's just sumthing that's been bugging me, I'm glad I can get it out of mind now xxx

Hi Angel.

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
It is highly unlikely that this is anyone's fault, the majority of m/c's have no known cause (unless recurrent and even then a cause is sometimes never found) and cannot be prevented or caused, so please don't look to blame anyone at this difficult time and take comfort in each other.

Keep your chin up.

Sending you hugs and baby dust xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"