Could you do with some help?

julesstyle

Reaction score
Hello, I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to pick your brains over what gets neglected when you suddenly have a little person to care for! I am starting up a business on my own, where I come to your house and help you out with whatever you need when you have had a new born baby. I have seen a gap in the market as some parents don't have friends or family near to help them out. I just wanted to get an idea of what you mums and dads would want me to do? I am not a mum myself, but I have seen my friends have children and wonder how they ever find the time to feed themselves let alone clean the house! If you had help for one hour, what are the 5 top things you would want me to do? For example: *Hoover every room *Put a wash on *Ironing *Clean the kitchen/Bathroom *Make dinner It can be anything you like, I just want to get an insight into what are the most popular requests. Thank you in advance for helping me out! Jules xxx

dinner, dishes, general tidying, watching the kids so I can take a shower :haha:

Gosh - just 5 things?! For us I think it'd be:

1 - Pre-prepare evening meal (we all too often end up relying on takeaway food/ready meals for us!)
2 - Clean bathrooms properly (a quick wipe up and a squirt of bleach down the toilet and sinks is as much as I attempt now my daughter wants to 'help'!)
3 - Clean kitchen properly
4 - Gardening (weeding and lawn mowing especially)
5 - Putting away washing

I keep on top of the washing itself but it often remains in baskets and piles around the house! Ironing is also a luxury now and I only ever iron ANYTHING if it's for an 'occasion' or the item looks really dreadful - from being left in a basket for too long!

Hope this helps.

*Hoover every room *Put a wash on *Ironing *Clean the kitchen/Bathroom *Make dinner

All of them :haha:

General tidy round, defo the washing and ironing LO's go through sooo much washing.

When can you start? :shrug:

Cooking defiantely! Washing and just general tidying. And holding the baby so that mum can have a brew whilst it's still hot! x

Washing up, cleaning kitchen, cleaning bathroom, laundry, put clothes away, watch LO whilst I shower, hoover, mop floors................sorry - think I just turned you into my slave!! :haha::dohh:

for me:

full clean bathroom
full clean kitchen
washing done
run a nice bubble bath and watch the lo
clean bedding

x

Echo above - clean bedding! Cooked evening meal, clean bathroom & kitchen - hanging out the washing. All those things I found hard when having a little person to look after

Cooking
Ironing (something I never do but might be cool to have ironed clothes for once :haha:)
Watch LO while I shower/sleep!

Good luck with your business, out of interest how much would you be charging? I would probably have hired you in the crazy newborn days!

In this order,

- Wash dishes.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Ironing.
- Amuse LO while I take a bath.
- Make dinner.

:happydance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics