Council incentive scheme?

A

AppleBlossom

I'm thinking of getting some nappies. My council runs a scheme where they will pay half of what you spend on your first lot of nappies up to £25. You print off and fill in a form and send it off with your receipt for however much you have spent. It's probably worth me taking full advantage of it and spending £50 and getting the maximum £25 back. But I don't have a lot of money, especially this month, so if anyone has used this scheme how long has it taken them to refund you with the money after you sent the form off?

our scheme in notts was similar it took about 2 weeks to get the cheque back.

Will let you know when I remember to post the form off. Lol.

Although, is it worth it with Grace being almost 2? You may be better waiting a little while and getting reusable training pants instead of actual nappies? xx

If you're wanting to use them full time you'll need about 15 nappies if you wash every other day and don't tumble dry. You can get 3 for £16 on ebay, but if you want pretty ones they're £12-20 each xx

There isn't much sign of her being ready to potty train anytime soon. I only want them cause they're pretty plus I would probably use them with disposables lol

Financially it doesn't make much sense to just buy pretty ones and use disposable the rest of the time as you have the cost of both xx

Well I just figured I might as well try them cause of the refund. If I like them I can use them full time but I don't want to go all out buying a tonne of nappies and then decide they aren't really for me. Plus I have a massive stash of disposables already

Our council doesnt do an incentive scheme :nope:
Might not be worth it though bexy like Katy said,they can get quite pricey for the pretty ones xxx

I'm just warning you that's all, you always say you have no money and the initial outlay for full time cloth is expensive :) You may as well give it a go as you can always sell them on if you don't like them xx

imo, even one nappy is one less disposable nappy being used, and i can see the point of spending £50 and getting half back! £25 for £50 of nappies....

And if she buys pretties, even at an older age, the resell value on some brands is still pretty good :)

^^ that was my thinking lol

By pretty I don't mean the outrageously expensive patterned ones, I mean they're prettier than disposables iykwim?

I did say that in PM. I also offered to lend her one of my one sizes to try but she didn't reply.

My council scheme sent my cheque about 2 weeks after I posted out my form xx

Sorry I went offline, if you have one I can try can I borrow it then and see how I go?

Yeah, it's a bit boyish but will fit. It's this one:

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/katy_t89/10062010075.jpg

xx

Just check the age limit on the council scheme. Mine only do it up to 24 months so you would need to get in quick or you will end up out of pocket.

I dont think its too late at all, especially as when she is potty trained you can just sell them on on here, most have high resale value.

There isn't much sign of her being ready to potty train anytime soon. I only want them cause they're pretty plus I would probably use them with disposables lol

eh?

Did you mean a disposable underneath a cloth nappy or did I read this wrong? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->