Council incentive scheme?

There isn't much sign of her being ready to potty train anytime soon. I only want them cause they're pretty plus I would probably use them with disposables lol

eh?

Did you mean a disposable underneath a cloth nappy or did I read this wrong? :wacko:

I mean atm I have a stash of disposable nappies so if I was to try cloth nappies I would still use disposables as well so I didn't go right ahead into buying a tonne of cloth nappies to then find actually it's not for me. If it was then I would use up the disposables I have now and then switch to cloth completely

Id say borrowing off Katy is a good idea- they are (a bit) of extra work (which puts alot of people off when first starting out)

Alot of people are attracted to the prettyness but then realize that the washing isnt for them...would be daft to buy a 'tonne' of them to start off with- dont think anyone does really. Usually its try one> try a few different brands> buy enough for a full day> buy enough for a full 2/3 days> wear cloth at night.

Yeah annoyingly I can't afford to buy stashes like everyone on here can lol I think I might just give it a miss. Constantly having my washing machine on probably isn't going to save me any money either! Been a bit put off after reading some things in here anyway tbh :lol: I will borrow the one of Katy and see if it's any good. If not, at least I tried it.

people are just being honest- especially if you dont have alot of money to play with- they have made suggestions and very nicely offered to lend you a nappy to try, dont think anyone was being 'off putting'

You can do a Flip system and have enough for 2/3 days of nappies for about £150. And so you only need one wash every 3 days. There are ways around it if you genuinely want to use cloth...

I didn't mean anyone was being purposely off putting. I mean after having read some thread it seems like an expensive complicated thing to get hooked on! I'll see how I get on with this one anyway, hopefully I will get the hang of it

i cant afford massive outpayments on nappies either bex, ive built mine up over 7 months and half of them are 2nd hand, maybe even 3rd, thats the only reason i have a big stash, swapping and selling ones aswell, you'd be better getting some on here.. keep an eye out on the swap and sell thread, then when you / if you get on with them and know what kind you get on with you can get some new when you can afford it, the ebay ones for 16 sound good!

I started using them late with Maley and only had 5! I never used them 24/7...she wore them in the day when i was at home or if we went somewhere local and i used disposables for nighttime/naps and going out far. Even then they saved me a fortune on disposables.....so i would say use the voucher and go for it. Itti Bittis are reasonably priced (£14 at the moment) and look nice and they are reselling on here for around £8-£10 posted) so you will at least get some money back when Grace doesnt use them anymore.

Just to warn you the one I can lend you isn't up to full abosorbency yet so it won't last very long. They take about 10 washes to get to full abosrbency from new, and it's only been washed twice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->