Countdown to 30...

BrieAnne

Reaction score
So I made the mistake of googling how many days until I turn 30... it's only 68 days away and I feel like I need to make a change in my life concerning eating and exercising DAILY! I kind of think if I don't change now, I'm never going to, but I only seem to stay motivated until I get off track once bc I'm starving and quit, maybe a week or two. I gained nearly 60-70lbs when I was pregnant! My son is almost 2 years old and I'm still trying to lose the weight, I'm so frustrated. I thought maybe you ladies might have some advice on things to do/try. It doesn't help that my husband is 130lbs and he eats everything in sight, late at night and full of carbs.

I was always around 145-150, then when I got up to 210-ish at the end of pregnancy, I told them not to tell me anymore. :o( Now I'm back to around 169 and can't seem to shake this number! No matter what I do, all the dieting, chasing toddler seems completely ineffective & I need to just run it off but I get shin splints so bad thinking about it makes my legs hurt. I don't have a number in my head that I want to get to, I just want to be happier with my body. I saw all the things about 30day shred, etc on here & was wondering how effective they really are? Any advice appreciated. Sorry so looooong.... lol

I am currently on 30 DS right now ...day 7 actually! I really like it. I am starting to notice that my arms are more tone and I feel stronger as well. It is just the right length (30min). I am also a runner and getting the mileage back in gear. Do you have my fitness pal? It is a really great app and it lets you log your food and exercise daily to help you stay mindful of what you are putting in you mouth. Good luck with your fitness goals!

I am currently on 30 DS right now ...day 7 actually! I really like it. I am starting to notice that my arms are more tone and I feel stronger as well. It is just the right length (30min). I am also a runner and getting the mileage back in gear. Do you have my fitness pal? It is a really great app and it lets you log your food and exercise daily to help you stay mindful of what you are putting in you mouth. Good luck with your fitness goals!

Thanks for the input! I'm thinking I need to get up before everyone else and just do it without distraction! Or take a "Before" picture and tape it to the refrigerator! :haha:

I do have myfitnesspal, it's helpful and has made me pay a lot more attention to my choices, I just notice that when I blow the diet, I stop recording.... things for like a month. I know I do these things, I just have to change that! Only 68 more days to do it!!!

Thanks for the input! I'm thinking I need to get up before everyone else and just do it without distraction! Or take a "Before" picture and tape it to the refrigerator! :haha:

I do have myfitnesspal, it's helpful and has made me pay a lot more attention to my choices, I just notice that when I blow the diet, I stop recording.... things for like a month. I know I do these things, I just have to change that! Only 68 more days to do it!!!

Not a problem!! I have also discovered that it has helped me A TON to start a journal/thread on here that I write in each day and sometimes twice a day. So far I have only read and runners, but thats ok; I see them reading. It keeps me accountable knowing that I just might be motivating someone to get goals done! :happydance: Pretty soon, I am going back to work (Sunday), and I am going to do my best to make changes there as well. I am deactivating being able to use my badge to get food in the cafeteria. This will MAKE me pack a healthy lunch!

Don't get me wrong, I still have my slip up days, but I just remember to get right back on the wagon and DONT GIVE UP! :happydance:

What is your screen name on my fitness pal? I will add you! :thumbup:

Not a problem!! I have also discovered that it has helped me A TON to start a journal/thread on here that I write in each day and sometimes twice a day. So far I have only read and runners, but thats ok; I see them reading. It keeps me accountable knowing that I just might be motivating someone to get goals done! :happydance: Pretty soon, I am going back to work (Sunday), and I am going to do my best to make changes there as well. I am deactivating being able to use my badge to get food in the cafeteria. This will MAKE me pack a healthy lunch!

Don't get me wrong, I still have my slip up days, but I just remember to get right back on the wagon and DONT GIVE UP! :happydance:

What is your screen name on my fitness pal? I will add you! :thumbup:

I think your idea at work of turning off the badge is a great idea. That way you know you have to pack your lunch & when you have to put the time & ingredients, etc it definitely makes you think more about it. I kind of notice when I do work out more, I judge what I eat by how hard it would be to work off :cry:

It's bens_mom on myfitnesspal. What is yours? Thanks so much, it's just nice to talk about it. I kept thinking it was fine and if I wanted to lose weight I could, no problem, but the reality is that I now feel like I can't do it alone. My husband isn't helpful & it's frustrating. Today I did go through my kitchen and made a great chicken meatball recipe with vegetable sauce. I was pretty impressed at how good it was & used tons of veggies. If I could find foods that make me feel full & are super healthy like that, I would do much better! I don't come from a family that ever really worked out so it's pretty hard for me, even though I'm really active around the house all day & with my toddler. After all that, who wants to work out? But I just HAVE to do it.

:wacko: I used to do that as well, judging what I eat by how hard it is to work it off! :haha:

I really am staying dedicated, and I know I can motivate you. I am pretty excited right now as I am pretty sure I may be ttc #2 in the next few days! :thumbup: We have decided that we may as well try, and if it does not happen then that is ok to. We just figured we should take advantage of the post baby normal cycle. It took 19mos last time.

I am not sure where you are from, but I like to get Smart Ones for lunch only. They are low in sodium and low in calorie and mighty tasty :) The reason I decided to get them is...
1. I used to not know what to make when it was just me and LO home during the day so I would make poor choices like grilled cheese, mac and cheese and more...
2. Or, I would over eat
3. I would spend money to go get Subway to know calorie intake (which is un-necessary)

I am alyssarnemt on MFP. I have sent you a request!

Heading out for my 2 mile run and then 30 DS day 8. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->