couple of "post c-section" questions.....

cadippoz

Reaction score
Ok ladies, we need your help.....

I had an emergancy c-section that my husband was present for and saw the whole thing but now it seems that when he goes to hug me or touch me in that general area (my tummy) he physically cringes...... i think it is because he watched the c-section and in the back of his mind thoes images are still there, we have tried to google it but cant find anything about it......has anyone else had this??? :cry::cry::shrug::nope:

On a personal note, im paranoid about my wound, i have only had showers and not had a bath yet, is it safe? can I clean it with soap? i wash it with warm water but it doesnt feel clean enough....:blush::blush::blush: any suggestions would be great.....

My hubby was not in with mine mother in law was as hubby would be on the floor white as a ghost if he was there lmao

For the wound part for about two weeks i washed my upper tummy with soap in the shower and then let the water run down with soap going to the wound then raise really well so i read to do. After about two weeks i started to take baths but only sit in it(i could not lay in the tub yet lol too painful for me) at about 4 weeks i started laying down when i felt i could and hubby helps me sit up when i am done so i do not slip as that is no good to happen.

For washing the wound directly i started doing it around 2 to 3 weeks.

I had an emergency c-section as well and my OH was in the operating room but he didn't want to look, he said he would pass out, lol! I'm not sure what to do, maybe talk to him about why he's uncomfortable and tell him how you feel? How long has it been since you've had your c-section? You can submerge the wound/wash it after 2 weeks!

I had an emergency c-section as well and my OH was in the operating room but he didn't want to look, he said he would pass out, lol! I'm not sure what to do, maybe talk to him about why he's uncomfortable and tell him how you feel? How long has it been since you've had your c-section? You can submerge the wound/wash it after 2 weeks!

i had it on the 14th, so just over 10 days ago... im gonna try a luke warm bath tonight.. :wacko::wacko::wacko: and see how we go!!

as far as hubby goes, he is really worried about it and keeps saying that its not coz hes going off me but i do feel a little upset about it :cry::cry:, but he is trying bless him :kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs:

i know this sounds awful but its not meant to, its a bit like a car crash.. after you have a crash you get back in the drivers seat and all the flash backs come back and you feel uneasy.. but after a few times of driving you kinda start to forget and eventually you rarelly remember. I think over time he'll be fine and youre only 10 days pp you'll be back to normal soon enough hunny xx

You'll be fine don't worry, seeing your loved one go through an operation this serious can be traumatic :(

On the bath front, what i was told to do/did was not to soak my wound, not to have a hot bath or shower and not to use scented soap. I basically drew a cool bath with no bubbles and washed everywhere else but around my scar with unscented soap, and tried to rinse without the water going over the wound.

Then clean the scar itself with a cotton wad and warm water, dried immediatly.

Hope you're alright.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->