Couple of questions from me...

P

princess_vix

Ryan is having sandwiches for lunch now which i offer with cucumber,rusk and a yoghurt which seems to really fill him up....but i'm wondering what youghurts i should buy him from the supermarket...as they're cheaper than the baby ones i buy atm..i don't want anything to pricey suggestions would be good?

Baked beans- can i give him normal baked beans?

cold yoghurt- can i give him it cold,he didn't seem to mind.

When should i give him sandwiches on a plate? atm he is having them on the highchair as he just wants to play with the plate :dohh:

I think that's it for now...LOL
oh actually i'm giving him mash potatoe yesterday what could i mix with it?

Beans should be fine just as long as you check the salt content and its within the recommended tolerance of salt, you can eveny buy low salt ones

Yoghurt is fine cold, you can buy supermarket own brand fromage frais cheaper than the branded ones, but check the sugar content

As for the plate, just go with the flow, Brooke still throws her food off the plate and plays with it now :lol:

Like others have said put cheesh in mash, a drop of gravy, you could make bubble and squeek too

Holly how much is the salt content allowed to be?

same with the sugar..mega confused bought supermarket yoghurts the other day for 99p thomas tank enginge ones as they were cheap....

I've never given yogurt any way other than cold, I"m not sure why that would be an issue. I would buy some plain yogurt, whatever brand you want and then mix stuff in yourself that way you can control the sugar content.

For the plate I would just do whatever, sometimes even now I"ll just set something on a tray for hayden and he's 2 but he mostly uses a plate. But like for a sandwich sometimes I just set it down I"m going to have to wipe the tray anyways, might as well save a dish lol

I've never given yogurt any way other than cold, I"m not sure why that would be an issue. I would buy some plain yogurt, whatever brand you want and then mix stuff in yourself that way you can control the sugar content.

For the plate I would just do whatever, sometimes even now I"ll just set something on a tray for hayden and he's 2 but he mostly uses a plate. But like for a sandwich sometimes I just set it down I"m going to have to wipe the tray anyways, might as well save a dish lol

I was just worried about the cold and wondered how he'd react to it....just worried about it i guess.

thankyou x

Yeah if he seemed fine I'm sure it's fine :) I thought the same when we switched to milk since they were so use to warm milks 2 out of 3 were just fine with the switch to cold though, guess it's just babies preference

Yeah the cold does effect their tummies but thats only when they are a lot smaller i think, not so much now

I think salt is 1 gram per day, someone else might want to confirm that, im just fiddling around on the xbox :lol:

Im not sure there is a limit on sugar intake, someone else may know hun, obv as little as poss

Thanks Holly!

fidling round on your x-box lmao get you!

"Babies under a year should have less than 1g salt per day, which is less than 0.4g sodium."

From; https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/baby/weaning/

They had a section on sugar too, but it didn't say an amount - just that you shouldn't add extra to anything.

A good point that i heard recently about supermarket own brands and value brands is that to try and avoid the salt content route they list it as sodium, but to get an accurate description of the salt content you need to multiply the sodium content by 5 times

So like Lauren Kate said 04.g of sodium multiplied by 5 is 1 gram of salt

Hope that makes sense but thought id say if your looking to buy some of the cheaper branded things for him

I would avoid yoghurts designed for babies/kids, or at least only give occasionally, they are full of added sugar. I give Ruby plain yoghurt with 100% fruit spread and she loves it.

I wouldn't bother with a plate, if I give Ruby a plate she just throws it, or tries to eat it, I would just put them straight onto his highchair tray.

I've never heard of warming yoghurt up, I wouldn't worry about that. Ruby seems to find other fridge-cold food like fruit a bit too cold for her but yoghurt doesn't bother her, so sure Ryan is fine with it if he eats it! :)

I give yogurt cold, and I buy plain and the Minigo (kids mini cups)... she has yogurt everyday, and I alternate between plain one day and the one w/ sugar the next day. TBH I know it's best to avoid sugar, period, but Elyse doesn't get juice.. she gets fruit so has natural sugars but I don't think the couple yogurts per week are doing much damage! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->