Couple of questions

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
Well now that me and OH have got a flat, im really considering a homebirth, its always been a dream, but we were always unsure of accomidation. Do you think at my midwife app on wednesday when i'll be 17 weeks i should mention to my MW that its something i would like to discuss and have the option of? how do i go about organising lol, and what do i do if she just says 'no'? x

Hiya, I would defiantly tell your midwife your plans so she can give you some information about how it works in your area. You can change your mind about where you want to give birth at any time but its never too early to let them know. As for saying no - its your right to give birth where YOU want. If you feel that she is unsupportive of your wishes, just change midwives! Good luck, hope you get the birth you want! xxx

I'd definately let your midwife know at your next appointment, or even before that if it's awhile off. If she says just says no, then I'd be looking for another midwife who is willing to consider my wishes and provide alternatives if that's not suitable.

She won't say no, she's not allowed to say no. Even if she highly disagree with you not having one, she can't say no. If she does write or speak to the lead midwife in the clinic to not only change your midwife but to also make her aware that there is a midwife that is not following the proper guidelines.

Go to this website https://www.aims.org.uk/ And then click on the 'Articles' link. From there you can read a few things about your rights to home births. This was/is a great website for me to really be confident about speaking up for what I wanted for myself and babs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->