Couple of quick questions

FunkyClaire

Reaction score
I just received the Itti Bitti all in ones that were on offer on Ebay and they're gorgeous. :cloud9: Buuut I'm easily confused - the insert thing that's stitched inside has two poppers - what do they do? I'm sure it's really obvious but I'm not getting it.
Also, I want to get my prewashing done of all my cloth nappies today and I'm not sure what's best to do. Just a normal wash cycle? How many washes? And do I actually need to use washing powder since the prewashing is for absorbency and being new they're obviously clean already? (Does that make me sound really cheap?)

Oh and one even sillier, fairly unrelated question since I'm here! Does anyone know if I can wash a stuffed toy? :blush: I've got one that's been sat on my dresser for a while and it's erm... very dusty to say the least. :blush:

Hi hun the insert bit with the poppers in is there as you can buy boosters that snap in ( i just bought some bamboo ones) so useful if you have a heavy wetter as i do.
As for washes i pre washed mine about 3-4 times on a normal wash with around a quater cup of wash powder on a 60 degree wash, but others probably do theirs differently. Pre washing is to eliminate any oils etc that are in the materials etc so wash powder is needed imho.
And stuffed toys can be washed, if in doubt put them on a delicates wash xx

as DD says they red ones are for an additional booster you can get to extend wear/ good for heavy wetters. They come in microfibre or bamboo.

Also it should say on the toy if it's machine washable, if not i'd just take a damp cloth to it

When I'm prewashing nappies, I put them on a rinse, then a wash with a teeny bit of detergent then rinse again (and maybe once more if I can be bothered) but I think somebody on here said you can just leave them to soak in a bucket instead of all that. I haven't tried it though. I got the snap in itti bittis recently too and I think I only actually washed them through once before I started using them. They won't be at full absorbancy yet but if you're happy to change them a bit more often to start with, it doesn't feel like you're doing too much extra washing.

For the teddy, my mum always used to put them in a pillow case on a delicate wash... don't think she killed any of my teddies!

like everyone else said hun:D with the teddy it should be fine!!!........anything i am a bit dubious about i just put it in and close my eyes till the door locks...after that theres nothing you can do LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->