Couple questions...

addy1

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
How often do you need to test with an OPK? Once a day or do you test twice. How long will you get a + for??

Also, how long will sperm live inside you? DH just left for a couple days....what if I ovulate tomorrow? We bd'ed yesterday. I thought I would have ovulated by now. Maybe I missed it a few days ago.....:shrug:

Thanks in advance for your replies!! :)

I dont know about the OPK part, but the sperm part, they can live for up 3 days.

I test once a day, after work around 6 pm and seem to catch the LH surge, as got my smiley faces last month and this month.

I have short cycles and always thought I ov early, but I actually seem to ov between day 15 - 18... so mihgt be that you haven't ov quite yet?

Hi Hun, they say you should test once a day around 2pm and definitely not first thing as LH is absorbed in the body and urine throughout the day. I know some ladies test like twice a day but I reckon once is enough.

Thanks ladies! I am just so confused by everything. I have not been able to detect my surge using OPK's, have had some signs of ovulation...and just yesterday had some pinkish coloured cm. (Along with cramping.) Have no idea what is going on! Maybe a July bfp is not going to happen...

Is this your first cycle since miscarrying? I've read on a site somewhere that sometimes you DON'T Ov on the first cycle, but that your body can still throw some of the indicators as if you are, but that it's just your body getting all the hormones back to a 'normal' rhythm.

No, I had AF the week of June 8th. But like you said, my body may not be working quite right yet and trying to get back to normal. I thought I ovulated about 3 weeks after my D&C, but I could have been wrong. I just wish I knew what was going on inside my own body!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->