Covering Red hair.

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So 2 yrs ago I had my hair (normally dark brown) bleach and dyed pillar box red (done in hair salon using Loreal Magenta - which pure colour and normally only for streaks)

Any way got a interview of Tuesday for a job which I REALLY need/want. I asked the recuritment lady (who part of the actually company I am applying for) and she said whilst they dont discriminate she would think having red hair could go against me esp as the role dealing with high net worth clients - so apperance is key.

Any hoo I went to RUSH and the guy was basically 'No way to do it' and that putting any perm hair dye (which all contain some level of peroxcide) could make it go lighter and REALLY patchy as obviously it been two yrs since it was bleached so the ends are lighter and then there 6 weeks of roots at the top.

but when I left he gave no actual solution of what I could do.

I dont mind keeping it red just need to make it a few shades darker.

Help!!

Yes, when using a dark permanent, even though you are going darker you are still opening the hair to deposit colour and damaging it even further. The dye you've been using is quite rough on the hair. Salons arent actually insured if anything goes wrong when they use it on the scalp either.

The way you can go from here is to use a semi permanent - not the ones you find in the shops - they use peroxide too. A good real semi you will probably find online. Nice and Easy do a shop one (6-8washes on the box)but they arent the most long lasting. Adore is a brand highly rated, and they have a range of natural colours.
https://www.beeunique.co.uk/index.p...th=151&zenid=efd79b70b4b35a693503a9303b65abca

The best thing is, these fade out a little, if it starts out dark, you can wash til it llightens up a little. It also means if you ever want to move on and go back to red it will be easier.

I gave up permanents a long time ago in favour of these type of dyes, they are conditioning and highly pigmented so they stay a lot longer than most people, and the labels, say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->